PDA

View Full Version : Am I being to picky???

turboman808
09-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey guys I just got a griots polishing kit. I know they aren't considered the best around here but I like their aproach to car car.

Anyways I am testing out there polish on my yellow solstice with there polisher and polish #3. My car looks pretty good but when I get it in my garage under the flourecent lights or under certain sun lights and look close there are still these scratches. So far it's not really getting them out. I am wondering if I should go to a heavier compund or am I being to picky?

Rsurfer
09-11-2008, 08:39 PM
If it bothers you than take them out with a courser pad or polish. If not, maybe a glaze will help fill them in.

rwisejr
09-11-2008, 09:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken your car has the GM hard clear so you would need a polish designed to cut hard clear such as Menz Sip/106FF ,Megs 105 and a few others

VISITOR
09-11-2008, 09:13 PM
return the machine and invest in a Flex or G110...

SailCat
09-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Hey guys I just got a griots polishing kit. I know they aren't considered the best around here but I like their aproach to car car.

Anyways I am testing out there polish on my yellow solstice with there polisher and polish #3. My car looks pretty good but when I get it in my garage under the flourecent lights or under certain sun lights and look close there are still these scratches. So far it's not really getting them out. I am wondering if I should go to a heavier compund or am I being to picky?

Hi Turboman!

I am a novice her so I can't help with your question but I can't help seeing the humor in your post. On this forum you are probably among the discriminating people on planet earth. To be "too picky" here puts you in a league with God!
When I think that I'm too picky I just take a look at the near microscopic pictures of the finish on many of the members cars. When it comes to being fastidious, the members here redefine the meaning of the word.

Luckily they are also patient with rookies like us!

Good luck with the project,

Jay...... who used to think he was fastidious....http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

ScottB
09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Griots machine should work about as well as the PC, for which they replaced their previous private labeled machine. I never found their waxes or polishes all that great, and would not put them anywhere near the leaque of Menzerna.

The best products in the line are wheel cleaner, interior cleaner, and undercarriage spray.

RaskyR1
09-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Is your Solstice a daily driver, or more of a fair weather car? I think that will determine if you’re being too picky or not.

turboman808
09-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Yeah I heard somewhere else that the clear on this car is really hard. I will try another polish. I heard good things about the 105. I am happy with the polisher but year the rest of the products I feel are not acceptable. I should have ordered here.

The solstice is my daily driver but I don't drive much. Maybe 6000-7000 miles a year on this car.

I kinda polished it with what I had and got most of the scratches out. Mostly on the hood and trunk. I think I out them there when I didn't know any better.

I used NXT 2.0 sealant and mothers reflections. It looks good from about 3 feet and closer and you can see the scratches. Sides look really good though.

I have tried alot pf the high end waxes and sealants but I really cannot tell the difference. I was gonna order some zaino and give that a try.

The next thing I really want to learn though is just how to get the windows perfect. When driving towards the sun you can see all these little sun spots. Any way to get rid of this and protect the glass so it doesn't come back?

Then what is a good product for leather care? I haven't experimented much here and not sure what I should be looking for.

Thanks guys.

I can't wait til I get the porsche back already. Thought I would have it 2 months ago. But it will have new paint and alot of leather, polished aluminum and stainless steel. Should be real interesting trying to get it looking good.