PDA

View Full Version : Sun Shades

gandblah
09-10-2008, 11:30 PM
Folks
I just got an 08 Honda CRV and am looking for good sunshades to protect it from the sun. Does anybody have any experience with these - http://www.eclipsesunshades.net/

I hate having to fold sunshades and get the out of the way so this sounds very appealing. From what I read, the sides need to be stuck on with some kind of glue. If anybody has used them can you let me know:

- Do they block visibility since they stay on the sides?
- How do they handle the rear view mirror sticking out from the windshield?
- If I have to remove them, do they come off? Will the high strength adhesive come off? Can it damage the glass?

- Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance...

Meghan
09-11-2008, 08:02 AM
I can fully assist you with this since I have always used Eclipse sun shades. First they are very easy to install, they come with clips that you stick to the windshield via a double sided tape. They do not harm the window since it is just adhesive tape. The velcro closure pulls closed in the middle and it just wraps around your mirror with no problems. I do not notice any visibility being blocked since they fit right up against the edge of your windshield. And they are very easy to remove, you can even take down the shade and leave the clips up, and just slide back in the clips when you want to put the shade back up.
Your vehicle takes a 28" shade which we carry in stock, and I would highly recommend getting one, you wont be disappointed!:righton:

gandblah
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Meghan
Thanks for the quick response. I have some more questions if you have the time:

- Are there any state laws that need to be checked? I've been told that some states don't allow anything that may potentially block the driver's ability to see.

- My CR-V already has very thick A-pillars, will adding another piece make my peripheral vision even more limited?

- Would it have any impact on the A-pillar air bags?

Thanks for your help...

Meghan
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
This is how much room they take up... and I have never heard anything about it being illegal.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-25123196523298_2015_436241

67Customs
09-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know where you live, but just for an example, I think anything stuck on the windshield in NJ is against the law (except for the rear view mirror of course).

You will want to check you local and state laws to make sure you don't have a similar law.