PDA

View Full Version : Tire Discoloration

Pages : [1] 2

accellora
09-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Tire is just over 1 year but for several months the tires are discolored. In the picture you can see just above the lettering where it started, its progressively worse and almost orange in color now. I've been scrubing with a brush during the wash phase and I use the pinnacle tire products to clean and dress it up, but even then its just shiny but still discolored. Any ideas?

Jimmie
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Couldn't tell from the pic, but if it's the normal discoloration give "Amazing Roll Off" a few applications. Watch the brown literally roll off the tire. Then some tire dressing over the clean rubber.

TOGWT
09-11-2008, 04:05 AM
See article - Tyres 101 - ############# (http://#############.com/index.php5?title=Tyres_101)

Meghan
09-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I am with Jimmy Roll Off is amazing and safe to use.

mikep288
09-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Another vote for the Roll off. My tires were brown and dull before and now (thanks to AG for the info and product) they are jet black, and have never looked as good. Also seems to make whatever dressing I put on afterward last longer and look better. Two thumbs up!

accellora
09-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone. Seems Roll off is the way to go. I'll give it a try.

Meghan
09-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Thanks everyone. Seems Roll off is the way to go. I'll give it a try.

I will tell you that you will find a million and one uses for Roll Off, it is absolutely great on RV and boats too. That black stuff that you see run down the sides of RVs or from Bimini tops on boats... spray on Roll Off and it will slide right off. I always keep Roll Off around, it just does not get the credit it deserves. In my opinion no matter what you detail you should have Roll Off always on hand, it will tackle that job that no other product will get.

Pyrocite
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Good info, might have to pick up some.:goodpost:

accellora
09-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I am with Jimmy Roll Off is amazing and safe to use.

Just got my bottle of Roll-Off. It says for painted surfaces I should dilute it.

Now I'm just using it for my tires.
So should I dilute to protect the rims? They have a clear coat finish.

What's your opinion?

Thehemiman1234
09-15-2008, 02:11 PM
I haven't used "Roll-Off" but I have used an older product (proabably from the 80's) that seems like the same thing and it worked great. The oder itself could kill you but it got the brown right off the tires...

ScottB
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
often times low grade silicones used in common tire protectants can actually degrade and damage a tires coating and cause browning or coloring issues. Use the best water based dressings and occassionally wash the tires with a good soap and brush.

sciontest
09-15-2008, 04:36 PM
i'm hearing lots of good stuff about the Amazing Roll-Off i'm going to have to add it into my cart

scottgt
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
do you curb rash your tires...it could be from that..

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
do you curb rash your tires...it could be from that..

How would that cause the tires turning brown? If you rub the curb with the tire it would remove the dirt and show fresh rubber.

Reddwarf
09-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Another vote here for ARO. The stuff is awesome. That with a stiff brush should get the brown off the tires.