PDA

View Full Version : Did I recieve the wrong MF bonnets?

Girn
09-10-2008, 08:37 PM
On my last order I purchased 4 mf bonnets 6.5 inch as it says so on the order recieipt, and today I decided to test them out.. but these BARELY fit over the 6.5 foam pad.. its soo soo tight and the pad is smushed inside of it.. did I recieve the wrong size bonnets? are they suppose to go on easier? i had to like squish the hell out of the foam pad to get it to fit inside of the bonnet.. and it doesnt spin around nicely because the foam pad is all squished..

Rsurfer
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
You should put the bonnets over a wool pad. The foam pads are too stiff and doesn't give the bonnets much of a backing. I've done the bonnet route and perfer to remove sealants and waxes with a good mf towel. Plus you can get into tight areas with a towel.

Girn
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
i still dont see how it would fit over a wool pad either.. i mean the opening at the back is so small i can barely get a 3.5 inch backing to fit on the velcro.. let alone get the darn pad get inside

Rsurfer
09-10-2008, 09:52 PM
i still dont see how it would fit over a wool pad either.. i mean the opening at the back is so small i can barely get a 3.5 inch backing to fit on the velcro.. let alone get the darn pad get insideSounds like you may have gotten the wrong size bonnets. I dont understand that you can barely get a 3.5 backing to fit on the velcro. What velcro are you talking about? Try putting a 4" orange pad on a 3.5 backing plate and then slip the bonnet on. That should work if the opening is that small.

Girn
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
ya the opening at the back of the mf bonnet is so freaking small that the 3.5 inch backing plate will fit the velcro on the back of the pad but its snug.. ill try the 4" pad and see but i think the 4 inch pad would be too small to fit well in it.. maybe its meant for a 5.5 or 5 inch or soething but i aint got those

Meghan
09-11-2008, 08:07 AM
They are meant to fit very snug, it they do not they will fly off. Since you were able to already get them over the 6.5" pads I would say you have the right ones. I recommend you put them over the lambswool, or what I do it I put them over the white pad that came in the box with the porter cable. That one that has the permanently fixed backing plate to it.

loudog2
09-11-2008, 08:43 AM
They are great over the lambswool leveling pad. They are to tight over anything other than a blue or red LC pad(still snug over them). Use a 5.5" backing plate. The larger wool pad wraps around the smaller plate.