PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Paint Sealant

Pages : 1 [2]

sciontest
10-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Two coats of a sealant for best durability and coverage. Allow at least 12 hours prior to topping Wolfgang with a wax. And you should allow the sealant to cure (crosslink) to paint for a while prior to buffing, while with the Pinnacle waxes they can be buffed off immediately.

I have never applied two coats of Wolfgang DGPS.
1. Now do you apply one coat wait 30-40mins then buff off then let it cure for 12-24 hours to apply the second coat of Wolfgang DGPS?
2. Or do you apply one coat of DGPS wait 30-40 mins. Buff off the first coat. After the first coat is completely buff off apply the second coat of DGPS and wait again for 30-40 mins. To buff off the second coat. Then let it cure for 12-24 hours.
Which one is right? Or can someone just beak it down for me I’m having a brain fart

thebmwM
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
are we talking about the 3.0?

wytstang
10-06-2008, 11:31 PM
I have never applied two coats of Wolfgang DGPS.
1. Now do you apply one coat wait 30-40mins then buff off then let it cure for 12-24 hours to apply the second coat of Wolfgang DGPS?
2. Or do you apply one coat of DGPS wait 30-40 mins. Buff off the first coat. After the first coat is completely buff off apply the second coat of DGPS and wait again for 30-40 mins. To buff off the second coat. Then let it cure for 12-24 hours.
Which one is right? Or can someone just beak it down for me I’m having a brain fart
#1 is correct

are we talking about the 3.0?
Must be the original is no longer available, but it's applied the same way.

sciontest
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
yes DGPS 3.0
And thanks for the reply that number 1 is correct

Xtian989
10-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Work in small areas, WG is particular, work it in 3" by 3" sections as crazy as that sounds.

:D , you can basically go panel to panel until your done and then wait to haze and buff off.

:whs: wolfgang dgps is a nice product how i do it it apply it 2X2 or 3X3 to the whole vehicle then take a break for 40-50 mins then come back to buff it off.

Just curious.....what is the benefit of applying DGPS to small sections at a time, (2X2 or 3X3), when you're not wiping it right off as soon as you've applied it? I always thought the only two purposes of applying ANYTHING to small sections at a time were either to work in abrasives-if it's an abrasive paint correcting product-or to minimize the degree to which the product has a chance to dry out before you get to wipe it off, if it happens to be a product that wipes off better wet than dry. But seeing as DGPS is a product that is neither abrasive nor WOWO......I don't see the benefit of limiting your working space to 2X2 or 3X3 sections. Are you working the product in like a polish, and if so why?

Rsurfer
10-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Good point, Xtian.

thebmwM
10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
so apply two coats of 3.0 for durability , I figured one would cut it....

mgerencs
10-20-2008, 10:12 AM
I just used it last week. I used 2 coats with 12 hours between the coats. I applied pinnacle souveran paste as a topper 12 hours after the second coat of wolfgang sealant. It was my first time for everything and my black 08 accord sedan looks better than when I bought it in June. Of course prior to this I washed, clayed and polished. Took me 4 days but is well worth it. The black paint looks very deep and wet just like everyone said it would.

Pyrocite
10-20-2008, 12:39 PM
I just used it last week. I used 2 coats with 12 hours between the coats. I applied pinnacle souveran paste as a topper 12 hours after the second coat of wolfgang sealant. It was my first time for everything and my black 08 accord sedan looks better than when I bought it in June. Of course prior to this I washed, clayed and polished. Took me 4 days but is well worth it. The black paint looks very deep and wet just like everyone said it would.

need pics :D

:Picture:

wytstang
10-25-2008, 12:22 PM
so apply two coats of 3.0 for durability , I figured one would cut it....
2 coats will give you the most durable finish and gives you full coverage. Most miss spots no matter how careful you try to be (especially white/light colors). 1 coat of Ziano or Klasse will not get you 5+ months but 2 coats will. I don't know the science behind it but thats what it is from my understanding.

sciontest
11-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Which one would you use for the winter Wolfgang DGPS or Duragloss #105? I love Wolfgang DGPS but does it have the durability of Duragloss #105 on top of Duragloss Polish Bonding Agent #601? autogeek.net states “Preserve and protect your vehicle’s paint for up to a year from adverse weather, environmental pollution, acidic and alkaline cleaners, with Duragloss Total Performance Polish #105.”