PDA

View Full Version : What do you Use to Dry?

Pages : [1] 2

bgray
09-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey everyone.

Just a quick question, for Years I have bene ussing waterblades and Absorber clothes for drying. Absorbers are that foamy material that SOAKS water up great. I have never ahd problems with them, and have never scrathed my paint...

I see everyone uses Waffle Weaves for there drying...is there a MAssive Advantage for using them?
GOOGLE SEARCH: ABSORBER

sal329
09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
electric leaf blower and microfiber towels

GiXx
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM
i have just recently gone the way of leaf blower and pat any left over with cobra guzzler

Emile
09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
California Water Blade and then finish off with Waffle Weave towels. Water blade is really fast, and waffle weave towels finish off the rest without any water spots or harm to the paint finish.

ScottB
09-09-2008, 06:45 PM
I use a leaf blower and intentionally leave some very light water. I then spritz each panel with a quick detailer and wipe lightly with the Guzzler Waffle Weave.

Absorbers have no nap to pull any contaminent away from surface, so if any present its being grinded into the paint.

Jimmie
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
I use a leaf blower and intentionally leave some very light water. I then spritz each panel with a quick detailer and wipe lightly with the Guzzler Waffle Weave.

:iagree::whs: exactly what I do to the letter.

rwisejr
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
:iagree::whs: exactly what I do to the letter.

What they said !!!! When I do traditional washes !!! Since no I'm an ONR convert and dry with waffle weaves

67Customs
09-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I dry with a leaf blower and the a microiber waffle weave.

The water blade and absorber have no room for error if you accidentaly catch something while making a pass. There can be a greater chance to swirl or scratch the paint.

A microfiber waffle weave towel has places in it where an accidental contaminant can sink into so it is less likely to cause swirling.

bgray
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
think im gonna grab a Meg's WW for a tester, until ym next order and i'll get a few guzzlers, and a bunch of premium MF's too...

Did soem searching and people are raving about the guzzler..

Racin10s
09-10-2008, 07:14 AM
I dry with a leaf blower and the a microiber waffle weave.

The water blade and absorber have no room for error if you accidentaly catch something while making a pass. There can be a greater chance to swirl or scratch the paint.

A microfiber waffle weave towel has places in it where an accidental contaminant can sink into so it is less likely to cause swirling.

Couldn't agree more. The less you have to touch the paint the better off you are. Also be sure to use the 'flood' technique to rinse off the paint first. This way there will be less water to remove.

supercharged
09-10-2008, 11:43 PM
absorber will remove wax while drying...and it feels like 100 suction cups are holding it...

VISITOR
09-11-2008, 01:27 AM

agreed. i use the leaf blower mainly to blow water out of the crevices/seams, head/tail lights, in/around emblems, wheels/tires, AC vents/wiper blades, etc.. and also use a ultra-soft waffle weave (such as the guzzler) or x-large microfiber drying towel to do the drying. i don't consider or use a leaf blower as a complete drying tool/means, nor do i count on it to be...

Driven Auto Detail
09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Can't beat the Cobra Guzzler waffle weave towels!

bgray
09-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Got a few of the meg's towels at a wicked price to give them a whirl.

what a pieceof garbage

did a fantastic job og smearing the water all over the place, great coverage of smears lol

Immediate future of underhood and wheels are in these clothes near future lol

Driven Auto Detail
09-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Yep, those Meg's towels are awful for any kind of drying...even their waffle weave is pathetic.