PDA

View Full Version : Size Matters

img
09-08-2008, 07:43 PM
OK, so I already had 100 microfiber towels in my garage. Always in search
for the ultimate product, I order some cobra towels. They arrived today; two were OK, but the Teal and Yellow were as thin as two paper towels stuck together. I well know that the density/composition is different depending on the use/purpose, but I was really disappointed. I've
purchased mf towels in the Wal-Mart kitchedn section for $1 that I consider better. Live and Learn--still searching.

P.S. My wife who is kind enough to wash my towels for me after I use them commented the other day that I need an extra garage just for my towels--when she asked me what was in the package, I just said "a new brain".

ScottB
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
what type of towel are you in search for, and for what purpose ?? The yellows are general purpose and thin like the Mangos. The teals are edgeless polish removers like the indigos.

If you are looking for the best Cobras, then try the new Supremes, the Jrs, and even the new white/red border ones as thicker choices and quite soft.

keesue
09-09-2008, 05:15 PM
:goodpost: :iagree: :whs: :D :buffing:

I purchased the Cobra and Cobra Jrs. and I like them both. They are thick, soft, two-sided and great for drying with AW, QD duty and LSP buffing. I also ordered the Indigos and Teals. The Indigos are great for removing polish, wax and sealants. The Teals are great for the windows. They both have that 'bite' that makes these tasks so much more efficient. I also couldn't resist the white ones with the red border just because of the price. I use them as general purpose towels but they can stand in for the Cobras in a pinch. The trick to these and the Cobras is to have the surface completely done where all that remains is a smooth wipe down. My latest purchase was the 530s both the grey and the golden ones. Talk about soft...I have no experience with the general purpose towels from AG as I have alot of those from Target. They work well for their intended purposes, door jams, under the doors on the body and such.

Like Sir Killerwheels and the others, I have become a MF junkie. I have more than I'll ever use, for sure, and I have officially joined their MF therapy group by virtue of posting to this thread. In fact, I just washed them in their dedicated cleaning solution, in the washing machine (where I used to wash my others in a bucket), in a hot wash and a hot rinse, hung them up to dry and they are perfect!

:righton: Im the MAN :D

bgray
09-09-2008, 05:19 PM
GReat Microfibers are definetly a good investment, however i just cant get over the crazy prices of the Cobra products. Its not AG fault, but its dam expensive. I run towels at get a Costco for 13$ for 20, they are 16 x 16, have a nice, soft, and thick fiber, and work awesome for polish, glaze, etc removal, and leave no micromarring to be seen, under direct light its mark free.... I have a few Cobras in the mail, just to see if they are really worth the purchase price...

and if they are, Im gonna be in trouble...lol

dengood1
09-09-2008, 08:00 PM
my cobras shed fiber......nearly all of them:(

ScottB
09-10-2008, 11:21 AM
the towels sold in bulk can be of varying degrees from one another. Some are the rejects sent back to companies from resellers also. Just tread carefully, I have seen some very nice towels locally. I do still prefer boutique even based upon cost. Heres a way to save some $$>

Satin Edge 70/30 Microfiber Towel, 16 x 24 inches, 3 Pack Buy One, Get One Free! (http://www.autogeek.net/red-edge-towel-4pack.html)