PDA

View Full Version : Its another new guy needs help picking thread!!!

superdave99gt
09-08-2008, 12:32 PM
I am ready to order a pc 7424 from AG but I am totally lost on what package I need.

I have done a ton of searching and everyone says go with a 4" pad but the packages are 6.5" or 5".

Would the 5" be sufficient? I am just a car guy doing my mustang, truck, wifes gm and my jet ski. I figure its in the middle so should be.

Also, I have always done my polishing by hand so I have a lot of meguires and other polishes. Would they be fine or do I really need the products listed on AG? I have never even heard of them because I have always got my polishes from checkers.

Thanks

David

Pyrocite
09-08-2008, 03:20 PM
call AG support/sales im sure they can guide you on which products you should get based on how much you would like to spend.

budman3
09-08-2008, 04:08 PM
The 5.5" pads will suffice, the only difference between those and the 4" pads (other than size :)) is the amount of time needed for correction. The larger the pad on the PC, the longer it'll take for correction / swirl remover. Many have used 7.5" pads with a PC (including myself) and can remove plenty of swirls with a PC, it'll just take a little longer.

As for the polishes, it really depends on the specific products. If they can be used by a machine you should be fine ... however the results may not be as spectacular. The final appearance of the vehicle mainly comes from polishing, so it's not a good idea to skimp in that department.

sal329
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
The 5.5" pads are good, but when you need a lil extra it is nice to have the 4" pads.