PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion on my new Challenger

Pages : [1] 2

tnek
09-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I have been reading up and Im pretty sure Im going to spring for the Fuzion.
Here is my plan. I have a new Challenger SRT8 on order and when it gets here I plan on picking it up from the dealer, take a nice break in type drive home, park it. From there I plan on giving it a thurough washing and then Fuzion. I figure brand new car, no real miles to speak of is the perfect time to get the first coat on.
My question is do I need to use the 3.0 sealer first or can I omit it and just use the Fuzion as a stand alone product with spritz after washes inbetween wax sessions.
Guess the main question is if you just bought your dream car what would you do to get the inital wax on it and how would you do it? I cant see needing to clay the whole thing if it just comes from the transporter/dealer to my garage.

Jimmie
09-08-2008, 01:50 AM
wash-clay-polish (paint cleaner minimum)-protect.
Even though it is brand new I'd check to see if it needs claying. Lots of rail dust on some new cars, others none.

tnek
09-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Im still not sure if I need to buy the 3.0 Sealant or using the Fuzion precludes the need to use the 3.0??

GeorgiaHybrid
09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
tnek,

It's just a personal choice about whether to use the sealer or not. I do because I like the warmth and depth of a good carnauba layered over the sealant. Other opinions are sealant only or carnauba only.

Congrats on the new car. Don't forget Jimmie's post above. You would be surprised are the crap new cars pick up before they get to the dealer.

One other thing. Unless you know the detailers at the dealership REAL well, request that they do NOT clean the outside of the car AT ALL. That way you can start from scratch knowing that any problems are your creation with no one to blame but you....

ScottB
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
sealer will add some durability, but both look wonderful on their own.

67Customs
09-08-2008, 11:56 AM
I would clay it first also and polish if it needs it. Just because it is brand new, it doesn't mean the dealer hasn't induced swirls.

If it were me, I would seal it, wait 24 hrs and then add the Fuzion. I like that extra insurance below the wax for protection, just incase I get tied up in life and can't get another coat of wax on the car for a while.

tnek
09-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a clay bar and inspection is first up and then 3.0 and Fuzion on top. Plus do the wheels as well.

Emile
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
For a $175 product and being a brand-spanking-new car, I would just give it a nice wash and apply the Fuzion. No need to mess with the flawless paintwork of a brand new car especially since you've got the car on auto so it will not be sitting on the dealership lot for more than 48 hours probably.

08 300C
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
For a $175 product and being a brand-spanking-new car, I would just give it a nice wash and apply the Fuzion. No need to mess with the flawless paintwork of a brand new car especially since you've got the car on auto so it will not be sitting on the dealership lot for more than 48 hours probably.

Tnek,
Not knowing the condition of your paint BUT from my experience (Brand new 08 300 C) you will definitely need the Clay, TSR, and paint work polish enhancer; I then sealed it and added a coat of Fuzion 24 hours later. I posted some pics but being a White Car not all that impressive but in the real world it looks dripping wet. Congrats on the new car.

08 300C
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Tnek,
In case you haven’t already read this post Dealership detail "technicians" You may want to, AND call your dealership and tell them NOT to touch your "Flawless Paintwork" Might save you a whole lot of time and aggravation.:D

TSIFREAK
09-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Yea I used to work at a dealer as a mechanic and the factory paint is far from perfect. If you run your hand over it when you first get it washed you will feel all the crap thats sitting on the clear. I would wash it clay it then wash it again and see how it feels. It should feel like glass and the surface should have no scraches of any kind. If its not perfect you can polish the whole car with Menzerna P085RD with the 7424 porter cable then seal it with a good sealer like 4 star ulitmate paint protectection for the most durability and then top it with fuzion or Soveran wax.
There are many pro detailers on this board that send in pics of there high doller ezotic cars that some spent 50 hours on that the paint is just perfect its scary!!
The car that comes to mind is that Metallic blue Mustang GT40. Its just breath taking.

sal329
09-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Congrads on the purchase. I would say if spending $175 on wax is not a problem for you or the wallet go for it. But remember there are other waxes and sealants that will give you great protection and a great look. Souveran, Four Star, Duragloss, P21s 100%, Meguiars M21 2.0, Finish Kare 1000p...

Efrain
09-19-2008, 07:08 PM
I would check the car first to see if the dealer did a good job with the detail. ( I use to work for a dealer and you would be surprise of the condition of the car when they leave.) Only because the dealer has detailers does not mean they are professionals.

I would:

- Wash
- Clay
- Wash
- Sealer
- Fuzion

Like that you know for sure that it was done right. It's your dream car any way. Better yet ask them not to take off any plastic or wraper and detail the car yourself.

Good Luck and congrats on the car. I'm jealous :Picture:

Rsurfer
09-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Here's Fuzion X2 over UPGP
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x229/rsurfer1/009-2.jpg

tnek
09-19-2008, 10:36 PM
I would check the car first to see if the dealer did a good job with the detail. ( I use to work for a dealer and you would be surprise of the condition of the car when they leave.) Only because the dealer has detailers does not mean they are professionals.

I would:

- Wash
- Clay
- Wash
- Sealer
- Fuzion

Like that you know for sure that it was done right. It's your dream car any way. Better yet ask them not to take off any plastic or wraper and detail the car yourself.

Good Luck and congrats on the car. I'm jealous :Picture:
I was kind of hoping that the fuzion would take care of the sealer step but I will go ahead and do it anyway. I will try to put some pics up when done,, when I get the car in a couple weeks I hope. Its built but somewhere in the system of getting the hood decal on and then shipped. THEN we can begin to bolt on the underhood add ons along with the Corsa Exhaust. Im gonna eat some mustang ass when I get done and look damn fine doing it. Well the car will look fine at least. Im the MAN