PDA

View Full Version : Removing Road Paint

Racin10s
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
My bro called me and said he had noticed some paint on the side of his car... Including the wheel wells. I told him to bring it over and I would see what I can do... Well, the paint is still there and everything I used didn't touch the road paint. Here is a list of stuff I tried in no particular order....

Clay Bar
PB Bug and Tar
Lacquer Thinner
gas
WD40
XMT polish with several different pads

I have to say I am quite frustrated as I have never not been able to remove or fix something. I am starting to think it will need to be wetsanded. It is in a large area and very thick behind the front tire on the lower fender. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feed back pleaseFeed back please

Keith Harrison
09-06-2008, 08:55 AM
I have successfully removed paint splatters with Goof Off spray.

loudog2
09-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I've used goof off to remove spray paint off our box truck at work. It will remove every layer of protection on the car. Also if your area is not well ventalated you will get high and pass out. Try the goof-off #2. It is less harsh, than the original. I don't know if the goof-off pre-paint cleaner is strong enough. but try those two.

mixxer
09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
sprayway cleaner wipes for road paint . Search for info.

Jimmie
09-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Find some graffetti (sp) remover safe for painted surfaces. We can get it from our city but I saw it the other day in OSH. Worth a try before wetsanding.

StephenK
09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
try surf city road trip and grime remover

Racin10s
09-08-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the tips... I am going to try and get a pic to show you what I am up against....