PDA

View Full Version : No time for LSP, what should I do?

Blade
09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
On Labor Day, I washed the van in the morning and left the detailing for the afternoon. The plan was to apply the Pinnacle ASR, then AFP, then the Souveran wax. I thought I could finish the detail in under 4 hours, so I started at 3 PM due to other stuff I had to around the house. By 4:30 PM, it was obvious I wasn't going to make my personal deadline. At 7 PM, I quit for the day. All in all, I ended up applying only the ASR and AFP, and only to the hood and side panels (i.e. bumpers and rear panel left undone).
By the way, the ASR and AFP rock! 95% of the swirl marks are gone. There's a few remaining ones but they may be too deep for a single pass, or my PC technique needs improvement. In any case, I'm quite happy with the results.
So there's no wax on the car today. I'm at work, the van is parked outside and right now it's drizzling misty rain. I'm thinking of doing the wax for the next weekend after its regular weekly wash. Washing the car during the week is not an option right now, much less waxing it. What do you think I should do? Can I apply a quick detailer in the meantime? Should I re-polish the areas (AFP only) before I apply the souveran? Or should I just apply the wax on the weekend and not worry about it?

Brandon1
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I'd probably do a quick clay, and a extremely quick pass with AFP then do souveran next weekend.

Blade
09-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks. Well, my wife made the decision for me (as always!). She "requires" my presence for a few errands and trips here and there this week including part of the weekend. So it looks like I'll have to wait till Sunday to wash and wax the vehicle. No time for anything else...

67Customs
09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
It will be fine. Just give it a good wash, do a 50/50 wipedown and then add your LSP.

ScottB
09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
use a spray wax as possible for a little protection this week, then wash and wax next weekend. Wash and dry carefully to avoid adding back any swirls.

Blade
09-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone for all the replies, especially killr! I think I do have the spray wax (I think it's called Pinnacle Mist) that's part of an AG kit that arrived a few days ago. Tonight's a good night to try it!

Chris Thomas
09-04-2008, 03:59 PM
OCW is as easy to apply as a QD.