PDA

View Full Version : Best detailing products (wax etc)?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

5000XD
03-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Bring it on. What do you guys think? Pinnacle? Zaino? Honestly I don't know how long Pinnacle has been around but I've read a lot about Zaino and people say its the best. I've been having great results with the Pinnacle products since last year though.

By the way, happy to see that autogeek has a forum now!

Miami_Sunset
03-03-2006, 08:10 PM
There is no such thing as best.. Every brand is good at wat they specialize in.. :rolleyes:

White95Max
03-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Best bang for the buck wax is Nattys, no question. I love that stuff.

Best paint cleaner is Klasse AIO.

Most of the other things are subjective. Everyone has their preferences. Certain characteristics like ease of use and smell are more important to some than others. Some prefer the best results, regardless of its user-friendly (or lack thereof) characteristics.

5000XD
03-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Havent heard of Nattys before. They dont sell it on autogeek I believe?

Meguiars also carries a great product line at good prices I hear.

And ofcourse some brands excel in certain departments, got to agree.

Miami_Sunset
03-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Natty's blue is sold also.

DARKSTI
03-03-2006, 08:31 PM
I have many favorites. They all are good at something.
I like ZPC for white, and Menzerna/Optimum on darker cars.
I love Nattys/Blue Nattys,Souveran,Trade Secret,Collinite 845.
My fave sealants are ExP and FMJ.
The car wash(s) i really like are TOL BB,PB SSS, ONRWS

ScottB
03-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Havent heard of Nattys before. They dont sell it on autogeek I believe?

Nattys and Nattys Blue are both Poorboys products, and carnuba based. Very easy to use even in sunlight.

http://www.autogeek.net/poorboysworld.html

GearHead_1
03-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Best bang for the buck wax is Nattys, no question. I love that stuff.

Best paint cleaner is Klasse AIO.

I might actually agree with this opinion. They both are very high on my list of loved products.

cuffe
03-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Bring it on. What do you guys think? Pinnacle? Zaino? Honestly I don't know how long Pinnacle has been around but I've read a lot about Zaino and people say its the best. I've been having great results with the Pinnacle products since last year though.

By the way, happy to see that autogeek has a forum now!
Have you tried Meguires NXT??? How will it hold up to Pinnacle?

Neothin
03-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll only think of using NXT on dark metallics, and that's rarely that I'll use it. I've found better products for almost every other paint type.

I think the best wax for looks alone is Souveran. natty's comes close, but souveran just has the best wetness that i've ever seen (though i must admit, i wont be buying another tin, natty's is too close in looks to pass up its cheap price).
Sealant has to go to UPP. Great combination of durabilty and looks. Just give it a try on a light metallic!

GearHead_1
03-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Have you tried Meguires NXT??? How will it hold up to Pinnacle?

I believe that this depends upon which Pinnacle product you are reffering to. This probably isn't an apples to apples comparison with Pinnacle's top-of-the-line products. Just my 2 cents.

I do use NXT with some frequency and believe it certainly has its place in my arsenal.

Miami_Sunset
03-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Just prep your finish & anything that Autogeek sells will look... :D

joe.p
03-03-2006, 10:27 PM
I think that Souveran over UPP on Blue metalic rocks.I have to say that if Souveran may be out of your reach Nattys Blue on Darker cars or Nattys on lighter colour cars will surfice.

John U
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I've gotta go sealant for longer life here in the cold MN winters.
I've been using Zaino but I tried a test with FK1 2180 for faster cold weather drying and so far I'm not disappointed.
JU

stingray
03-03-2006, 11:48 PM
More importantly it is the paint preparation that makes the difference. Claybar paint then pick your favorite product. I have used Menzerna Products, Zaino, Klasse AIO, and Liquid Glass Polish which is great for hiding and removing scratches. Have used different polishes on different cars. Zaino is very easy to work with but very repetitive with lots of steps, Klasse AIO is Acrylic and is great but the Klasse Sealant can be difficult to work with.