PDA

View Full Version : Optimum polish with orange pad

Girn
08-30-2008, 12:07 AM
I did that combo to my whole car last week, took a freaking long time! my hands and hamstrings hurt for the next 3 days.. i went really slowly and did about 4-5 passes probably took 4-5 mins on each sections speed 6 on g110, and 2 passes on speed 4 at the end going fairly quickly.. but anyways I saw good results.. i didnt want to use the compound cuz it remove lots of clear.. i tried the polish out and it did a good job of getting rid of the swirls.. but there are still scratches all around but im not concerned with them cause the car looks awesome.. now my question is, should I have followed up with finishing polish with a white pad? because I heard after using an orange pad u should use a white pad to finish it off.. I did but I used poli-seal and I used an white pad on speed 4 moving pretty quickly to really just spread it around..

lgtspecb
08-30-2008, 01:06 AM
A single pass with opt compound and maybe followed with a pass of opt polish would have saved you some time. Even the polish is still cutting and 6 passes with polish i imagine would cut just as much or more than 1 pass with compound and 1 pass with polish. The compound is not much of a leap from the polish, but it really depends on the pc speed, pressure, how large of an area you are working on and how much you are breaking down the polish.

All of the optimum products diminish, so when worked in correctly they will finish without hazing. You can go directly from polish with orange pads to sealing.

I did the exact same combo on a rx-8 a little while ago and it turned out nicely. I compounded just a few spots that needed it, polished on 6 with orange pads, and used poli-seal on a white pad on speed 4.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/birbeck/SHJNhdknqlI/AAAAAAAABDE/MMzcTN6dJl0/s400/rx8_01.jpg

scottgt
08-30-2008, 01:26 AM
honestly compound isn't really removing that much cc...you will be fine to compound it to get the best results

Girn
08-30-2008, 11:33 PM
how can i get rid of just small area of sealant/wax? there are some spots with swirls that i wanna do over..