PDA

View Full Version : I have a few carnauba wax questions..

Pages : [1] 2

Girn
08-28-2008, 12:46 AM
1. how long does it take to haze? I waited 20-25 mins before wiping off my nattys blue.. is this enough time? this was in the garage and it wasnt cold, it was a tiny bit warm.
2. how long will the wax last on the car before I should re apply it?

buja
08-28-2008, 01:53 AM
some people use the finger swipe method to determine if the wax has fully cured and ready to be buffed off.

swipe our finger over the haze and if it leaves behind a clear trail, then it is time to buff. if not just leave it longer then do the swipe test again.

15-20 mins sounds about right unless you applied it too thick.

i'm guilty of making that mistake most of the time as well, so the range of Pinnacle and Wolfgang paste wax is more for my style (or lack of skill) . wipe on and wipe off no need to wait for it to cure , no worries

hope that helps

Racin10s
08-28-2008, 07:25 AM
some people use the finger swipe method to determine if the wax has fully cured and ready to be buffed off.

swipe our finger over the haze and if it leaves behind a clear trail, then it is time to buff. if not just leave it longer then do the swipe test again.

15-20 mins sounds about right unless you applied it too thick.

i'm guilty of making that mistake most of the time as well, so the range of Pinnacle and Wolfgang paste wax is more for my style (or lack of skill) . wipe on and wipe off no need to wait for it to cure , no worries

hope that helps

:iagree::whs:

Waxmax
08-28-2008, 08:24 AM
IMO, haze over or dry time is not the same as cure time. Even the WOWO carnaubas require a cure time to fully harden.

Cure time is 12-24 hrs. typically, then you can add another coat. I would reapply every 4-6 weeks depending on conditions.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-28-2008, 08:31 AM
You do not wait that long to remove nattys, it is almost like a wax on wax off wax. Nuba only last about a month so waxing once a month is a good plan.

MrJai
08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
You know I thought the same about blue nattys (WoWo) but it left some streaking on my hood...I now let it haze a little bit longer and no problems except that it's a little harder to remove...I have now moved to Pinnacle Signature II (BOGO) and I couldn't be any happier; I love the fact that you can wipe it off right away (no waiting for hazing) without fearing any streaking whatsoever...Awesome product, I can only imagine what a higher end nuba could do...

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-28-2008, 09:45 AM
You know I thought the same about blue nattys (WoWo) but it left some streaking on my hood...I now let it haze a little bit longer and no problems except that it's a little harder to remove...I have now moved to Pinnacle Signature II (BOGO) and I couldn't be any happier; I love the fact that you can wipe it off right away (no waiting for hazing) without fearing any streaking whatsoever...Awesome product, I can only imagine what a higher end nuba could do...

If it streaked then too much was applied. To answer your question about higher end waxes, yes there is a difference, I have several and to me they are worth it.

MrJai
08-28-2008, 10:09 AM
If it streaked then too much was applied. To answer your question about higher end waxes, yes there is a difference, I have several and to me they are worth it.

Thanks Asphalt Rocket...Now I know and agree, there is a difference, since I can apply Sig II as thick as I want and it will not streak nor do I have to wait a long time for it to haze...What would you recommend? I have the itch for Fuzion and with 20% off, it seems quite attractive...I was also thinking about trying a sample of Dodo Juice Supernatural

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I have Souveran which I do like, can not tell you about Fuzion, not planning on buying it. Supernatural is very nice, looks better than Souveran and last longer. You will be very happy with your sample.

MrJai
08-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I have Souveran which I do like, can not tell you about Fuzion, not planning on buying it. Supernatural is very nice, looks better than Souveran and last longer. You will be very happy with your sample.

Thanks for the info and your time...Have you tried any other Dodo Juice waxes?

loudog2
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Is AG going to carry DODO?

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the info and your time...Have you tried any other Dodo Juice waxes?

Just the supernatural which is their top of the line wax.

Bert31
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM

Wow. Hard to find something better than Souveran that doesn't cost several hundred dollars (or much more).

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow. Hard to find something better than Souveran that doesn't cost several hundred dollars (or much more).
It is , but there are several out there that are. Nothing against Souveran, I like it and still use it, but it has become my low end wax now when offered to customers.

ScottB
08-28-2008, 05:48 PM
I will say I want to try others in the line (I like the marketing of soft versus hard waxes) and the newer version of SN which seems to have just been released. I would also love to see it sold on AG and hopefully we have expressed interest in the line to the manufacturer.