PDA

View Full Version : Lids on Pinnacle Sourveran and PS-12

mrb
08-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Why is it that I can never get the lids back on Pinnalce Souveran, PS-12 correctly. After the container is open several times the lids always goes back on like it is going on cross threaded.

The next time I use the product you almost have to be a giant to get the lids off for the next use.

I have tried making sure the container and lids are clean. Put WD 40 on the lid before reinstalling the lid on the the container.

Just wonder if anyone had any advice. I hate to spend good money and can not close or open the container.

I keep both products inside the house, not in a hot garage.

Rsurfer
08-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Having the same problem with Fuzion.

AjNavo61490
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
Lemon!

trhland
08-27-2008, 04:18 AM
i have that problem with my high end swissvax container more then souveran..

Waxmax
08-27-2008, 09:14 AM
I have the problem with Fuzion and Souveran. The plastic container bows some I think and makes threading the lid on difficult. If the plastic was harder, I do not think it would be such a problem.

Matt S.
08-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Do not overtighten the jars. There's really no secret to it...sometimes it can be a pain in the ass due to the rubber gasket, but it's worth it IMO to have a good seal....having one of those rubber grippers for opening jars helps. No sense in putting an expensive wax in a jar that won't seal!

ScottB
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
The rubber gasket is the issue indeed, no need to overtighten like other waxes to seal completely closed. All dont get wax on the teeth or once screwed in it could act a little like glue.

Rsurfer
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Do not overtighten the jars. There's really no secret to it...sometimes it can be a pain in the ass due to the rubber gasket, but it's worth it IMO to have a good seal....having one of those rubber grippers for opening jars helps. No sense in putting an expensive wax in a jar that won't seal!
Ive had no problems with SSII or max wax with the lids and the wax is perfectly good. I can't understand why the rubber gasket would make a difference. When you first screw on the lid the threads won't easily line up, this has nothing to do with the rubber gasket.

Keith Harrison
08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Put Fuzion in a P21S type container and make it wide-mouth and you have a winner!

Rsurfer
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Put Fuzion in a P21S type container and make it wide-mouth and you have a winner!Is the P21S wider than the Fuzion?

Keith Harrison
08-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Is the P21S wider than the Fuzion?

No its about a 1/2" smaller. But no reason they couldn't make it wider and it is a finer thread, more rigid, and operates smoothly. Much nicer container overall.

Rsurfer
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
No its about a 1/2" smaller. But no reason they couldn't make it wider and it is a finer thread, more rigid, and operates smoothly. Much nicer container overall.
:iagree:

mrb
09-24-2009, 10:12 PM
you would think for the price they charge. They could get a good reclosable container.
There containers are terriable unless they want it to dry out faster, so we have to buy more and it evoprates out the lid