PDA

View Full Version : Wax over Sealant

Fropa
08-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Will applying wax over a sealant will still allow the wax to give a deep/wet look or will the sealant negate that property of the wax? Specifically, I have Zaino on my car now and bought some Signature Series II and want to know if it's worth putting it over the Zaino. Also, will having the wax over the sealant help the sealant last longer on the car?

Thanks for the help.

67Customs
08-26-2008, 07:14 PM
It will still allow the wax to give a deeper, wetter look.

It would be worth putting Sig II over Ziano in my opinion.

Although I have no way of prooving it, it would be intuitive that putting a wax over a sealant would help extend the life of the sealant to some extent. It don't see it hurting the sealants life.

ScottB
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Souveran Paste over Zaino makes a difference, though the Z guys hate to admit it. Z8 does make Z5Pro better looking however.

builthatch
08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
i run sov liquid over my opti-seal and it looks GREAT.

i've always been under the impression that you have the option to wax over sealant. it's more of an aesthetics things IMO.

ScottB
08-27-2008, 05:11 PM
souveran liquid has alot of solvent content due to its design and might remove some or all of the previous levels. Stick to a pure wax in paste form for best topping.

Fropa
08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the help. I'll put some Signature Series II on after my wash this weekend and see how it looks. Should I put a couple layers on or will one be enough? Do you need to wait so long between layers of wax or can you apply a second coat right after the first?

Fropa
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Just saw that the layering issue was talked about under the Pinnacle section already. Sounds like a second coat is only useful to make sure you didn't miss a spot but no real help with overall look. So are people who are happy about their 10th, 20th, 50th coat of wax just wasting product and really not improving the depth/look of their vehicle?

ScottB
08-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I love the Zaino guys .... I have 412 layers and each looks better than the last. To each their own !

Rsurfer
08-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I love the Zaino guys .... I have 412 layers and each looks better than the last. To each their own !Wow, 412 layers. No marring on that black beauty?