PDA

View Full Version : Best combination of towels from AG store?

Blade
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
My OTC MF towels from early this year are now leaving lint all over the place, and some are starting to fray. Not much but enough to annoy me. I have a pile of these cheap towels, but I think I would start to relegate these to cleaning up in the engine bay, wheels and undercarriage. So it looks like I need a new set.

I've been browsing the Cobra MF towels here, but there's so many kinds to choose from. I have two vehicles, so I probably need 2 sets, but if I can overlap the towel usage across two days, I can save a little. What would you suggest is a good set for drying, polishing, buffing, interior and glass cleaning?

Meghan
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Drying- Guzzlers HD
Wax Removal- Indigo
Glass- Glass WW Towel
Interior- All Purpose MF

Matt S.
08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
My OTC MF towels from early this year are now leaving lint all over the place, and some are starting to fray. Not much but enough to annoy me. I have a pile of these cheap towels, but I think I would start to relegate these to cleaning up in the engine bay, wheels and undercarriage. So it looks like I need a new set.

I've been browsing the Cobra MF towels here, but there's so many kinds to choose from. I have two vehicles, so I probably need 2 sets, but if I can overlap the towel usage across two days, I can save a little. What would you suggest is a good set for drying, polishing, buffing, interior and glass cleaning?

Hmm....for drying, I like the Guzzler combo kit. Polishing (removing polishes/compounds, initial coats of wax), I like the Edgeless (indigo, teal, etc) polishing cloths. For final buffing, Supreme 530s and Cobra Super Plush Gold. Interior and glass cleaning....Cobra Glass Towel on glass, all-purpose for everything else (dash, etc).

ScottB
08-26-2008, 05:00 PM
my offerings :

Drying -- Guzzler
Polish Removal ---Indigos
Light Wax Removal --- white ultra with red ribbing
quick detailing --- grey Supremes
glass --- MF WW Glass Towel (its all in the weave)