PDA

View Full Version : Mini reviews on a few products!

wagonproject
08-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Well after ordering some more stuff from AG I thought I would post a couple quick reviews. Sorry no pics (girl has the camera taking pics of her little sisters dorm and stuff). And hopefully this is the correct place to put this

Cobra Guzzler HD drying towel
Since a lot of my WW towels were getting "used" I though I would try out the guzzler. I know a lot of people rave about the Guzzler and the HD so I thought I would order 2. The towel itself is very thick. My first impressions after using it were that I really didn't like it. It just seemed to stiff and kind of "hard/scratchy" on the paint even with water remaning and ONR (QD) sprayed on. Right now I wish I wouldn't have ordered them, but I am going to wash them and see what happens.

DP High Performance Glass Restorer
After never really polishing glass, just the usual clay and clean I thought I would try it as I get a lot of cars with water spots and junk on them. I tried it out on my personal vehicle with a LC white 4" pad and let me say WOW. This stuff is awesome. Just polish till its gone and then just a quick wipe. The results were amazing. The glass was so smooth with no water spots. Now I'll be polishing glass on every car I do.

Amazing Roll Off
After cleaning tires with soap/water and APC I felt like I wasn't getting the tires on cars fully clean. After seeing the few people who talk about it with good results I ordered some! This stuff is awesome! Brown stuff just comes off the tires like crazy! Good stuff to get dirty tires clean!!

Meguiars 83
I like to try new polishes all the time and I had been meaning forever to order some of this. The 83 works very nice! I did feel like it had a longer working time then a couple polishes, but not a big problem. Also a few instances it seemed hard to remove. It also did dust a fair amount. But the results were nonetheless excellent! I will continue to use it on jobs when I see fit! Also worked excellent on the DA.

Meguiars 80
What can I say, I love this stuff. Goes on nice. Very workable. Hardly no dust at all. Leaves an amazing finish. Not much more to say except you got to try some!

Optimum Car Wash (not ONR)
Wow, this is going to be my go to car wash for washes that need more than ONR. I had been using Duragloss 901 and Surf City Pacific Blue before it. But the Optimum I feel is so much better! It may not be as foamy as 901, but the slickness of it is incredible! And with a 1:1 ratio you don't have to use a lot. GET SOME!!

Optimum No Rinse
Not much to say about it that hasn't been said before. I've been getting a lot of people who want me to do their cars at work, on the job site, etc. So no more hooking up hoses etc! If you don't already have some (which I am probably the only one who didn't, lol) get some! Makes an excellent QD too!

Thats all for now! Time to order more stuff to drain my college budget! :righton::buffing:

ScottB
08-26-2008, 05:10 PM
I too still prefer the original Guzzlers as softer and easier to use. Next purchase you gotta try Optimums Quick Detailer also.

Showroom Shine
08-27-2008, 11:21 PM
I know that everyone hates Dri Wash n Guard products. But I just got their new APC Green product Concentrate. This is an awesome product. 2 small cap fulls makes 16oz of apc. A 16oz bottle of the concentrate makes 2 gallons of apc. Really Good Product!

supercharged
08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
I too still prefer the original Guzzlers as softer and easier to use. Next purchase you gotta try Optimums Quick Detailer also.
Me too...I only tried Mothers HD towel, and prefer original Cobra WW towel over it...