PDA

View Full Version : How do you dry your car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

jsatek
03-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Leaf blower, Air compressor, chamois?

cwcad
03-21-2006, 09:47 PM
The Guzzler from Auto Geek. It is a waffle weave towel. I also have two waffle weaves that are smaller and two foam core WW towels. I may not use all of them to get the job done but they are available just in case.

TNM6i
03-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I received the guzzler as a freebie by way of a recent AG promotion and I must say, it's the best WaffleWeave towel I've used to date. The size is huge and this is a thirsty towel. I can do my whole car without stopping. It's also softer that anything else I've seen. Definately a great product!

MikeyC
03-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Me too! I'm a big fan of the Cobra Guzzler. I have two of the really big one (Ultimate Guzzler?). I can dry my whole car with just one towel and I love the hand pockets in each corner.

Sherman8r44
03-21-2006, 10:47 PM
The Guzzler is great, but really expensive (I got mine as a freebie too:p ). Don't forget to sheet water off the car first with free-flowing hose water.

joe.p
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
The Guzzler from Auto Geek. It is a waffle weave towel. I also have two waffle weaves that are smaller and two foam core WW towels. I may not use all of them to get the job done but they are available just in case.
cwcad how do you like the WW with a foam core..

cwcad
03-22-2006, 07:21 AM
cwcad how do you like the WW with a foam core..

I like the foam core WW. I do not use it for the intial drying stage (because I have the Guzzler) but as a clean up. It holds a lot of moisture and drys well. Although they are relatively new they are very soft.

My favorite use of the Foam Core WW is to use it when applying S&G. I always use to much. The foam core soaks up the S&G. Yet allows it to spread evenly. It also does not feel wet as non foam core towels do. The bulky size is nice also. It fits the size of my hand very well. I wish that I had seven of them. I would use it everyday for what ever detail duties I had in the mind.

joe.p
03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the information..

I like the foam core WW. I do not use it for the intial drying stage (because I have the Guzzler) but as a clean up. It holds a lot of moisture and drys well. Although they are relatively new they are very soft.

My favorite use of the Foam Core WW is to use it when applying S&G. I always use to much. The foam core soaks up the S&G. Yet allows it to spread evenly. It also does not feel wet as non foam core towels do. The bulky size is nice also. It fits the size of my hand very well. I wish that I had seven of them. I would use it everyday for what ever detail duties I had in the mind.

jsatek
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
I am old school and sometimes use a Connoly chamois. I know they can strip wax. I recently moved to blowing the car off with my air compressor. No toucing, no risks of scratching.
I will buy one of those Guzzlers and give it a shot. When I am not at my shop, the noise from the blower is getting to my neighbors.

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-22-2006, 10:11 AM
I use two waffle weaves and I sheet the water before drying.

Matt
03-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Guzzler waffle weaves.

5000XD
03-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Guzzler waffle weaves.

Same here.

Wondering though if any have experience with that vac and blow thing sold at AG? Its really tempting and I almost bought it last time :o

joe.p
03-22-2006, 05:28 PM
For the final rinse i'll sheet the water and use a leaf blower to blow off as much as possible ,then i'll use a couple WW and a MF to completely dry of the vehicle followed with a shop vac to remove any water left in the mirrors,door jams and gas tank cover etc..

ScottB
03-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Same here.

Wondering though if any have experience with that vac and blow thing sold at AG? Its really tempting and I almost bought it last time :o

Are you talking about the Metro Vac ?? If so, two of us at Detailfest took the opportunity to use it as a blower. Nowhere near as powerful as a leaf blower, but did a nice job of getting most water out of the cracks. Follow up with a Guzzler is always a fine choice. Spritzing the finish with a QD will also help lubricate the finish while removing any water spots.

spydey9
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Sheet the water, leaf blower to get most water off and out of all crevices, then 1 waffle weave.