PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Products... new car

msquared100
08-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Newbie here... most of my experience has come from trying to bring old finishes back to life. After 15 years I finally got a new truck and want to protect the paint as much as possible since it stays outside most of the time. Lately I've used the Wolfgang line of products but I'm not sure where to start with a new truck. Should I start with the Finishing Glaze or Paint Sealant? The truck is white and as I mentioned earlier, it's parked outside 99% of the time.

I welcome any non-Wolfgang tips as well that you might have for protecting the paint, trim, etc..

Thanks.

ScottB
08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
I would use the Finishing Glaze and buffer if paint is in good shape. Then cover with sealant afterwards to protect. If you dont have a buffer, I believe Wolfgang still offers a paint cleanser type lotion. Dont use the Finishing Glaze by hand as has some corrective action.

msquared100
08-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I would use the Finishing Glaze and buffer if paint is in good shape. Then cover with sealant afterwards to protect. If you dont have a buffer, I believe Wolfgang still offers a paint cleanser type lotion. Dont use the Finishing Glaze by hand as has some corrective action.

What's your opinion on using a clay bar on a new car (necessary or not?) Also, I assume a white pad with the finishing glaze and a blue pad with the Sealant?

Based on the other forums I've read about white paint, I'll likely be ordering some DG when my Wolfgnag runs out. (thoughts?)

Thanks for your help.

ScottB
08-26-2008, 05:03 PM
I believe claying is a viable option on all cars. Most sit on a lot and see rail dust, and such before purchase.

I think Four Star UPP w/ Polycharger is another nice option as white needs all the gloss it can to make it glow. Their spray wax is a nice booster too.

Your pad choices sound nice as long as paint in nice condition with no real marring.