PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys polish

orionz06
08-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I recently detailed with kaio, sg, and nattys blue.. will using the poorboys polish effect the sealant? If so any recommendations for a liquid to top nattys blue?

Poorboy’s World Polish with Carnauba (BLUE)

Rsurfer
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
The PB will remove the nattys blue. Why not 2X natty? If you want to try a liquid, try Liquid Souveran.

budman3
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
The Polish with Carnauba Blue (PwC Blue) isn't a good topper for your combo, it is a cleaner polish with slight abrasives and wax in it, which could remove the Natty's and SG. No liquid polish will be beneficial, a liquid wax would be better, but I'm curious to find out why you are looking to keep on topping? Poorboy's has its new QD+ which will complement the Natty's blue nicely. Other possibilities are Optimum Spray Wax and Optimum Opti-seal ... basically any product with carnauba that isn't abrasive will work.

Rsurfer
08-24-2008, 09:18 PM
The Polish with Carnauba Blue (PwC Blue) isn't a good topper for your combo, it is a cleaner polish with slight abrasives and wax in it, which could remove the Natty's and SG. No liquid polish will be beneficial, a liquid wax would be better, but I'm curious to find out why you are looking to keep on topping? Poorboy's has its new QD+ which will complement the Natty's blue nicely. Other possibilities are Optimum Spray Wax and Optimum Opti-seal ... basically any product with carnauba that isn't abrasive will work.
Good advice Budman

orionz06
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
i have as follows on a 2008 deep blue VW R32

KAIO
SG
SG
Natty's Blue
Natty's Blue

I was debating on the poorboys QD+ as well as a product to continue to apply, i was considering a liquid to ease application and make more use of the PC, as the weekends ventures left it in the bin...

i had assumed that the PB would remove the stuff, but was hoping otherwise...

any other toppers that will help the nattys, or just grin and bear it with the paste? (the paste is a joy to apply, dont get me wrong)

how much wax does the QF+ apply?

orionz06
08-25-2008, 07:53 PM
actually i think natty's blue looks best with more natty's blue....

up to third coat, and the paint looks deep enough to well, deep enough for a lot of things...