PDA

View Full Version : 2001 VW Passat

smalltrees
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
My first "correct" detail... I have been washing and waxing for years, decided to do things a little better... found autogeek via google, and I have learned a great deal, a warm Thank you... to all of you, who have posted quality information... I have always used OTC products in the past, hey... always looked better than before I started... a friend who has a couple Model T's told me I use a better wax, I said I use Carnubas... so... I googled... Bought some clay, and bought a can of Pinnacle Souveran, and was very impressed, and also discovered years of swirl marks, at least on a white car, you do have to look for them... I watched all the videos here, and at YouTube... Purchased a PC 7424, the Wolfgang twins, TSR & FG, and the DGPS. since this was my first attempt at corrections, I decided to be cautious, started with a LC white pad, definate improvement, but still some swirls... repeated the process, better yet, although still some swirls... so I moved up to the orange pad, and repeated, problems solved, except for some deeper scratches, I may need to live with... TSR then Wolfgang's Finishing Glaze with an LC grey pad, then WG's DGPS with an LC blue pad... I will add a coat of Souveran, later... being a photographer, I took some photos along the way... being a white car, and using a digital camera ( lack of highlight seperation...) the before swirls are a challenge to photograph very well... some examples are attached... comments are always welcomed...
camera used... a Sigma SD-10

08 300C
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
You are right its hard to see any imperfections in the photo's but the car looks great, I too have a white car mine is only 2 months old and it definitely had the swirl marks although they looked more like spider web circles.
I recently bought the Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax Connoisseur’s Kit and used it with my Cyclo. The results are really nice. I, like you have received a complete education from this forum, maybe one day I can help someone else in return. Keep up the great work.

sal329
08-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Great job on the car. I know the fun of owning a white car. Mine is 14 years old and it was fun to get it to look new again.

Wendell Jarvis
08-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Looks fine........white cars can be challenging, great job !!

orionz06
09-10-2008, 07:40 PM
i have a white rabbit and just traded a white wolfsburg jetta for my R32 and i love the VW white...

the trick to making the car look new is the trim... do the black trim and you are golden...

the best i have seen on the rabbit is as follows:

kaio
ksg
ksg
nattys blue
nattys blue
insulators wax
insulators wax

that combo makes the bird #### rinse off and makes the paint look like dripping milk... give it a shot because you know you will end up buying more products... fyi, i had the nattys blue for my r32

Wendell Jarvis
09-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Here is some pics of a Blue VW R32 V6 Turbo that I did about a month ago, pretty cool car, especially for a 19 year old student !!

Meghan
09-11-2008, 07:39 AM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/show-n-shine/3267d1219547921-2001-vw-passat-img04668.jpg

Very nice job... you have some very high caliber products, great way to start off right!:righton: