PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion and Black Wow. Are they all that?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Keith Harrison
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
So I received a nice order this week and among other things it included Fuzion and Black Wow. 2 items that are highly recommended throughout this forum. Thought I would give a little feedback on both. Unfortunately a little good and bad.

Black Wow:

I've ordered alot of products in the last 2 months from AG and I have been extremely pleased with them all. Until Black Wow. I have to say that I am quite disappointed in the product. I will clarify though. I bought the product to hopefully correct a small section of rubber right next to my side windows and more importantly a 3-4 inch section where my convertible top meets near the top of my door jamb. Its sort of a rubberized piece of thin metal. It basically did little to nothing to correct the section and the piece looks much like a picture in the Black Wow description data on AG's website.

OK that said, I did use the product on a hard black plastic section that is recessed by my top and it looked very nice. It was more of a traditional textured plastic like you might find on the trim of an Xterra or Element.

So I'm disappointed that it did not work for me but I can see that in the right circumstances it could be quite useful. Unfortunately my car has little area that fits that condition. So to me, its not quite the magic product I had hoped for. I'll have to scope out our Tahoe for possible uses.

Fuzion:

2 questions I wanted to answer with this one. 1st, is it a good wax worth its costs. 2nd, is it as good or better than my much cheaper P21S 100%.

So the negatives first. I really have only 2 minor issues and both are around packaging. I personally am all about the product doing the job best. I would rather save $15 and not get a wooden box that has no use to me past the initial wow factor. This is after all car wax, its not a rolex watch. 2nd, my container top is sorta hard to get threaded to get the top back on. The P21S container is much nicer in fit/finish and its also shaped nicer.

Ok can you see that I am struggling for some negatives here???

I'll 1st say that about a month ago I did a full correction with Flex/Menz and did a coat of P21S 100%. You can see a few pictures in the thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/14521-taping-off-before-polishing.html

So I cleaned up the car and stripped the P21S wax with P21S Paint Cleanser (which I like quite a bit BTW)

Then came the Fuzion. The product applied/removed very easily. I did all the work in my garage out of the sun. I have yet to pick up some nice lighting so under standard fluorescent lights it was actually hard at times to see what I had and had not done. Fuzion goes on with minimal "haze" and it is quite translucent in less than perfect lighting. No doubt some overlap in application.

Taking the product off I found a nice finish but it really was not overwhelmingly better than what I saw with the unfinished paint after cleanser. Fact is, in the garage the car looks awesome w/o a lick of wax. But, I just kept working and new I would do the full sun test when finished.

So the sun test says it all. Questions are now answered. Is is a great wax? Yes. Worth the money? Well thats relevant to expendable cash but I am not unhappy with the purchase at all. Does it look nicer than P21S? YES! And I'll note that until today P21S was the best looking finish I have had. It is quite nice. To answer a likely question, I have not used Souveran Paste yet. (Gonna win the August Give Away and try it then :D)

The clarity of the reflection is amazing. I noticed in several like pictures that w/ Fuzion you could see my reflection taking the picture and I was a good 10-15 ft away to get the entire car in the shot. The more I really analyzed the pix (and the actual car) the more amazed I was. I'm really glad because working in my garage (read sweating like hell) I was gettin a little concerned that I might be disappointed with this purchase. I don't think after such success in the last month I could have taken 2 let downs.

But you decide for yourself. I have a link above to my first pictures. I tried to do the same basic angles plus a few others. Here are the pix. I hope the picture compression when I upload these shows the reality of the pix. I was able to compare them at the 10 megapixel originals...

Hope you enjoy, I sure did! :righton:

charliehaley
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Nice! I love that color.

Rsurfer
08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice. I think Fuzion is a great wax. I agree about the lid. BTW I dont believe B Wow works good on rubber. Its great on plastic.

Keith Harrison
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Nice! I love that color.

Thank you! I fell in love w/ it at first sight. Have had other convertibles with black interior and was determined to change. Saw the combo and had to make it work...

Keith Harrison
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Nice. I think Fuzion is a great wax. I agree about the lid. BTW I dont believe B Wow works good on rubber. Its great on plastic.

A sad fact that I now know... Thx. K

Rsurfer
08-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Try 1Z Einszett Rubber Care Sitck Gummi Pflege. Been on my window trim for 4 mos and still going strong.

buja
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
agree about the lid too, but the good part bout the jar is that it is wide mouth. much better than the traditional regular sized mouth jars.

Keith Harrison
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
1Z Einszett Rubber Care Sitck Gummi Pflege.

This reminds me so much of the late George Carlin's idea of speaking "In your own words" If you are old enough, you will know what I mean.

Love me some Carlin!

K

Keith Harrison
08-22-2008, 11:55 PM
agree about the lid too, but the good part bout the jar is that it is wide mouth. much better than the traditional regular sized mouth jars.

For some reason, this reminds me of one other observation. P21S has a tendancy to flake or "gum up" your applicator with dried product. There was none of this with the Fuzion.

buja
08-23-2008, 01:56 AM
For some reason, this reminds me of one other observation. P21S has a tendancy to flake or "gum up" your applicator with dried product. There was none of this with the Fuzion.

yeah true that.
My ever first wax which got me into this whole detailing thing was the p21s original version.
I think its because of the high content of beeswax which made it gum up.
I always had a tough time cleaning the pad after.
thought that might have been my inexperience of applying too thickly.

fuzion really made my experience whole lot enjoyable. the smell and the ease.
it is so forgiving in terms of application and removal.
there were parts that due to the indoor lighting, I applied too thickly, but it was a breeze to remove.

many have said its like souveran in terms of application and removal.
I have souveran sitting in the box unopened. I might have to give the lengendary souveran a try someday. I too have 5050 , which some also say it comes close too...

but so far, its been a good experience. I'm beginning to think that I have no need for my other waxes, nattys red blue 1000p ...

will run out to get some outdoor pics now... brb

buja
08-23-2008, 04:18 AM
pics up now

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/14866-fuzion-pics.html#post195030

ScottB
08-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Fuzion --- great wax and adding in the free refill shows me no other estate wax at that price point.

Black Wow --- mixed bag, it looks super great but found it overapplied it will run in first rain and appears on paint. I did the cold water setting that some offered, but still a mixed use. I have an old Einszett offering that I like better but no longer offered here.

TSIFREAK
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
I too was not happy with BW as it really didnt do anything for me but make a mess. Its just way to thick and greasy.
PBs bold and bright has really worked well for me but is not a purpose trim renewing product.
What is everyone else using for trim pieces around paint and windows???

Waxmax
08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Fuzion is excellent. I prefer it over Souveran paste. The look is wet and IMO alittle more reflective than PS, plus the durability is much better than PS.

I do agree about not needing the added the cost of the wooden box and also, the container lid can be difficult to thread properly. I thought it was just me....but now I ready others with the same complaint.

Is it worth the money...tough call to me. The "free" refill still requires a shipping cost to return it and who determines when the original is sufficiently used up....maybe just scrape some out to make sure it's empty?

I think Max had it on sale recently for $125...at that price with the refill I'd say yes, worth it!

TSIFREAK
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Yea skip the box and dvd $125 is a done deal for a product that performs so well.