PDA

View Full Version : Surf City

orionz06
08-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Why are the products i purchased no longer available, or harder to find? I got the glaze, sealant, and carnuba wax about a year ago and cannot find them to leave a horrid review. I decided to give the products a couple good uses on family members cars, and i can confidently say the stuff was garbage. I decided to eliminate technique and let a fellow enthusiast use it and their feelings were the same. the durability was pathetic, and the shine was on par with any $6 wax from WalMart. My only consolation was the seemingly low introductory price the products were offered at.

I generally do not feel it necessary to start topics like this, but does anyone else share my experiences with these products?

Rsurfer
08-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Dont know, but their glass cleaner and hot rod detailer is awesome.

Strokin04
08-22-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-forum/14188-what-happended-surf-city.html

This will answer the OP's question!!!

Streetlife
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
I have majority of the products that SCG makes. My next move is to use the Shine on package. You're the first person i have ever heard of that complained about any of their products. Imho, they are in the top 3 of my arsenal. Post some pics to show us the after effects of using the products.:buffing:

Streetlife
08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Oh i forgot Orionz06, Tim Miller will buy back any product you are not happy with that's made by SCG, it states that on the back of all SCG products. Give him a call. :D

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
08-22-2008, 06:32 PM
the final finish can only build on the prep of the paint

What did you do to prep the paint??

Paint prep is the foundation

With that said I have yet to try a Surf City product I didn't like and many of them have actually become staples in my business!

orionz06
08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
wash/clay/wash/xmt 4/xmt3/xmt1 was my prep, as the swirls were horrendous... on another car it was megs #80 instead...

Streetlife
08-22-2008, 10:29 PM
If you used the SCG nano seal and the nano shine glaze coat, you are supposed to apply both by "hand only". If you don't apply those two products by hand you'll get swirls. There is no need to apply wax after using SCG nano seal and the nano shine glaze coat, the glaze has carnauba in it.

orionz06
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
SC products applied by hand...

ScottB
08-23-2008, 08:29 AM
It goes without saying that if the fails to move it could be replaced. It happened with Clearkote and not always about the product or its performance. Look how many loved Quickshine too.

Gary Sword
08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
The only Suft City product I have ever tried was their Road Trip Grime Destroyer. It's actually works pretty good.

orionz06
08-23-2008, 01:55 PM
i read the one thread mentioned, it is not a quality issue with them...

i would feel guilty allowing the person to buy it back, as i have used it, although i may pursue it if it bothers me more this week...

thanks to those that have replied on their good products, some seem worth a shot...