PDA

View Full Version : Rotary video - Scott's Mobile Detailing

scottgt
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Well i was suppose to detail a supra today but my client canceled. It did give me time to try out some new products and make a little video...

In the video i used megs soft buff finishing pad and M80.

This combo rocks! I love M80. No dusting and left an awesome shine on my white xB. Makita was the rotary used. Let me know what ya think...and yes im half naked you would be to if it was almost 100 Deg in your garage lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcYug1DxJaQ]YouTube - Rotary video Scott's Mobile Detailing[/video]

finished

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/sgs4u14/pics/Picture002.jpg

Buddy
08-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm Glad you took the time to make this video...Sometimes I think that I work the polish to much and I don't work it enough...It's amazing to me that the polish is worked that long when there is so little polish applied... This is one thing that I'm having a hard time with...There fore I us too much polish all the time...Even though I think that it is not that much...I really have the drive and the confidence to do detail work...This just has been a terrible corner for me to turn...Thank you For your effort...This has helped... That being said, If you or anyone else has anything to say that can help... Thank you!!!Scott what was the reason that you were working with the gararge down...I don't understand that part...you could have been naked with the door up!!!:righton:

wytstang
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Damn rotary's work fast, thanks for the vid.

Buddy
08-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Damn rotary's work fast, thanks for the vid.:rolleyes: Please Explain!!!

scottgt
08-22-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm Glad you took the time to make this video...Sometimes I think that I work the polish to much and I don't work it enough...It's amazing to me that the polish is worked that long when there is so little polish applied... This is one thing that I'm having a hard time with...There fore I us too much polish all the time...Even though I think that it is not that much...I really have the drive and the confidence to do detail work...This just has been a terrible corner for me to turn...Thank you For your effort...This has helped... That being said, If you or anyone else has anything to say that can help... Thank you!!!Scott what was the reason that you were working with the gararge down...I don't understand that part...you could have been naked with the door up!!!:righton:

the next door neighbor was mowing the yard lol....didn't want anything flying in

wytstang
08-22-2008, 11:17 PM
:rolleyes: Please Explain!!!
What's to explain? He's moving the machine around a lot faster then you would a pc *to me*. A pc would need to be moved slower then whats being shown in the vid to do any good correction. http://www.corral.net/forums/images/smilies/shakehead.gif

supercharged
08-24-2008, 06:40 AM
I wish I was a little bit taller...love that song...
Great job, Scott. I think it's about time for me to learn rotary too...Tired of PC buffing out my fingers instead of paint...

Girn
08-27-2008, 01:11 AM
Two drops is too little IMHO. You are dry buffing.

how? look at how small the area hes doing..

vtec92civic
08-29-2008, 02:07 AM
so did your scion ever have swirls? I got a rotary as you might know since we spoke before. I encountered some swirls/scratches that just wouldn't come out for me today. I'm not sure if it was me or if they were just a little to deep.

What's the secret behind not leaving or even eliminating halo grams if they do appear?

scottgt
09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
so did your scion ever have swirls? I got a rotary as you might know since we spoke before. I encountered some swirls/scratches that just wouldn't come out for me today. I'm not sure if it was me or if they were just a little to deep.
What's the secret behind not leaving or even eliminating halo grams if they do appear?

Make sure you finish with a fine polish, and a very very soft finishing pad...until you are use to the rotary...you might want to finish up with a pc or flex..

Two drops is too little IMHO. You are dry buffing.

Really...were you standing behind me watching me spray my pad and watching me polish..the pad had already been used on 2 panels before hand...and then on top of that misted a little bit...i love how you can make the assumption that i was dry buffing...

vtec92civic
09-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Make sure you finish with a fine polish, and a very very soft finishing pad...until you are use to the rotary...you might want to finish up with a pc or flex..

I still do have my pc. What kind of fine polish do you recommend and what pad? I usually use like Menz SIP with a black pad, but should i buy blue to test out?

ASPHALT ROCKET
09-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Use a finish polish like 85Rd with a blue pad, I thought we talked about this through pm's.

scottgt
09-01-2008, 11:26 PM
lol...