PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

Ron in MO.
08-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Hi All

Well for this weekend I have decided to strip the wax and sealant from the wifes daily driver,2003 Impala galaxy silver, and start over. OK here is my plan of attack. wash,strip with prep sol, rewash, check to see if claying is needed, was done less than a year ago. apply Collonite 845iw two coats to insure complete coverage, maybe top with AquaWax and use Z-6 as my QD. This is the stuff I have on hand. So what do you experts thing about this combo. Thanks, and have a great weekend :D Ron Herndon

sal329
08-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. No polishing?

Rsurfer
08-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't work. No polishing?Good question. After a year there are most likely some marring.

ScottB
08-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I to feel polishing would be needed, but you could get away with a paint cleanser if polishing is not being considered. Try P21S or Pinnacle as possible. (I know you dont have them now)

Remember Z6 offers some UV protection but nothing more its more of a quick detailer, the Aquawax could add a bit of extra protection over the Collonite.

Ron in MO.
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Hi All

Thanks for the info. OK ya shamed me into :D I guess I will go ahead and polish it . I cant get to it this weekend now anyway. Would you recommend me a polish? I have done a few cars lately with Optimum polish and was not really impressed with it, took me way to long to work it and I did not really get the results I expected.(I used less product every time I tried it) Yes I was using a rotary with Edge pads,tried different color pads and different speeds ,maybe it was operator error? With the Fuzion giveaway I have to order something:D Recommend me a polish, and a spray wax to go with the Collonite and the Fuzion when I win!!!!:) Thanks Have a great day. Happy waxing Ron Herndon

ScottB
08-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Menzerna SIP / 106FF or Menzerna IP/FP for lighter paints.

Spray Wax --- Four Star Spray Wax (hidden find)

Ron in MO.
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi

Thanks, would I need SIP and 106FF or can I use just one or the other same for IP and FP? If you could only pick one which one would it be?
I have been looking at the Four Star products.How is the Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection compare to Zaino products? I still have some Zaino but I am looking for a change. Thats why I am doing the wifes car with the collinite to check out the look before I do the Vette with it, they are the same color.Thanks, this place is really informative

Ron Herndon

Rsurfer
08-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I would pick 106ff, but you really need 85rd to finish down with a grey or blue pad. 4* is nice, but I like UPGP better.