PDA

View Full Version : Edge Assorted Foam Detailing Tips.....

YankeeFan
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't offer much in terms of product reviews as I still consider myself a newbie, but I must say sometimes the simplest tools help. I bought the Edge Detailing Tips to help clean my engine. But, low and behold, they helped so much this weekend when I finally attacked the door jams and hinges, as I always avoided them. Between the yellow, white and green tips I was able to apply QDer (with no overspray), remove drips of grease and baked on drips (with help from APC) and then dry and buff everything up with a MF Buffing towel. They took such a tough job and made it so easy, 1/2 hr or so and I was done.

Plus, my wheels have a small lip. There's a slight indentation between the lip and the spokes. Took a soft white tip, quickly ran it around the lip, drying up all the QDer I had sprayed.

Double plus, they look like they are throw aways, but I sprayed them with a little Dawn Power Dissolver and they were good as new.

Howard

VISITOR
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
howard, glad you've had success with them. myself on the otherhand, find these to be one of the worst products i have ever bought. not only were a few of the foam tips off when i received them (didn't buy them from AG), i used a few and they came off as well...

Bigfoot
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
howard, glad you've had success with them. myself on the otherhand, find these to be one of the worst products i have ever bought. not only were a few of the foam tips off when i received them (didn't buy them from AG), i used a few and they came off as well...

Then if this happened, you should have contacted either the vendor who sold them to you or Aaron @ The Edge and let them know what was going on. Aaron is pretty good about working matters when something from his company either comes damaged or doesn't work as mentioned.

ScottB
08-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I have them and love them, they work on all the crevices on trucks wheels, and interior air vents. Best part, wash them out, shake well, and ready for repeated use.

mixxer
08-21-2008, 04:16 PM
i use them on every detail , i spray some Surf city dash away on there and hit all the ac vents,radio stuff and guage cluster ,ect.

VISITOR
08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Then if this happened, you should have contacted either the vendor who sold them to you or Aaron @ The Edge and let them know what was going on.

i contacted both ADS and Edge (gave them some input). not a big deal, it was only $5 (if i were to buy them again, it would be from AG). based on MY experience, the lake country foam sticks have worked and held up alot better (foam is longer and the glue adheres alot better). i've given them a good beating and they still haven't fallen apart. oh well, to each his or her own...
http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-36459273653932_2013_7697895