PDA

View Full Version : SmartWax anyone? Prima-Epic

supercharged
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Anyone are using/tried Smartwax, or any of their Smartsealant, Rimwax?
What about Epic sealant by Prima?
Any good? Similar to any products carried by AG?

scooterguitar
08-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I just got some used SmartWax and used Smart Sealant I haven;t tried yet. Not so smart, look at their site and it says the wax is actually a cleaner as well and the sealer is friggin wax, or something like that! Anyway, they are a division of CG. If you still want some, let me know in a week or so when I get back and I'lls end oyu a small sample.
For the record, I doubt anything can hold a candle to my love for Wolfgang.

3Dog
08-02-2006, 11:20 PM
SmartWax is a one-step
SmartSealant is a polymer/carnauba blend
Bought mine on ebay for half the cost.

Three weeks into Epic on my bike...its pretty amazing. Waiting for a six week mark to decide on longevity.

ScottB
08-03-2006, 06:33 AM
most of these new products are hybrids or synthetic sealants. As such there are many within the pages of AG that do the same thing. You might notice a little different durability (length of protection) or more gloss, but most are similar.

Several new products are being exposed to the market, Epic and Red-Dot 49 are the newest offerings. DP is re-releasing an updated sealant shortly and others are sure to follow. The fun is moving thru the hype and newness, and looking for the real improvements.

3Dog
08-03-2006, 10:03 AM
most of these new products are hybrids or synthetic sealants. As such there are many within the pages of AG that do the same thing. You might notice a little different durability (length of protection) or more gloss, but most are similar.

Several new products are being exposed to the market, Epic and Red-Dot 49 are the newest offerings. DP is re-releasing an updated sealant shortly and others are sure to follow. The fun is moving thru the hype and newness, and looking for the real improvements.
Very true!! I doubt I would have ever tried the "Smart" products had I not found them on ebay.
What have you heard on Red Dot-49..I know David (Autopia) has a sample but have heard nothing of a release on it.

ScottB
08-03-2006, 06:28 PM
What have you heard on Red Dot-49..I know David (Autopia) has a sample but have heard nothing of a release on it.

I have read what you have read likely, and I suspect there is more to it being his line or exclusively thru him for awhile. Seems like some mixed reviews if reading between the line. Some say its very durable, others say it seems to drop off some intial gloss/shine quickly. He truly is trying to "hype" it in a blanket of secrecy. We will see ....

Newbiedetail
02-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Smartwax is some good product. I own everything they make

Spicy McHaggis
02-23-2011, 08:10 AM
I haven't tried smart wax, but IMO you can't go wrong with anything from Prima. Epic is great and so is Banana Gloss. I'm also a huge fan of their spray wax Hydro and glaze Amigo. Great line of products there! i wish AG would carry them.

bpfoley
02-23-2011, 08:41 AM
I absolutely love the Prima lineup. Banana Gloss is super easy to use (instant haze, super easy to wipe off) and Hydro is an amazing spray wax. These products are a god-send to anyone who loves a car that looks good, but doesn't always have time to prep the car 100%. The filling abilities are great, and ease/speed of use is second to none. Downside? Price. They are a bit boutique in the pricing and also as said above, not a lot of vendors carry their lineup.