PDA

View Full Version : question about nano clear...

style
08-19-2008, 10:27 PM
anyone ever buff nanoclear or self healing clear,i have a customer that has brought me an 07 red ferrari full of micro marring marks from car washes car is original paint and has no orange peel just marks so im thinking of leveling the paint with 2000grit wet sand then use a rotory with a foam finishing pad with compound then polish then wax should this be the correct proccess for this type of clear or skip the sanding and compound or skip the compound and slow polish...

any suggestions are appreciated,thanks...

nrengle
08-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Ummm if it's self healing shouldn't it not have the micro marring? Or well that's probably how they advertise it.

I'm interested in seeing the results of this detail. Pics please?

ScottB
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
the only manufacturer I know that designed and is currently using this self healing paint is Nissan and their high line Infiniti. Maybe they are licensing it ?? The Ferrari is more than likely using the new ceramiclear finishes which are said to reduce swirls not repair or alleviate. If so then the Menzerna SIP/106FF or FA would likely work.

Rsurfer
08-21-2008, 05:23 PM
anyone ever buff nanoclear or self healing clear,i have a customer that has brought me an 07 red ferrari full of micro marring marks from car washes car is original paint and has no orange peel just marks so im thinking of leveling the paint with 2000grit wet sand then use a rotory with a foam finishing pad with compound then polish then wax should this be the correct proccess for this type of clear or skip the sanding and compound or skip the compound and slow polish...

any suggestions are appreciated,thanks...You have a Ferrari with micro marring and your thinking of wet sanding it!! Do you know for a fact that the paint has a self healing clear? I thought only Infiniti has this clear coat. I think you need to do some home work before touching this car.