PDA

View Full Version : Are all Makita repair centers hard to deal with?

Brandon1
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I have a Makita 9227c and it's finally went ka-put. It's less than a year old. It keeps jumping speeds on me. It will go from 900-3000 rpm in about a second, all while i'm in the middle of buffing! Now the speed control is just stuck. I dunno what the heck is wrong with it, but I have contacted all the Makita repair centers in my area and they said that it will take about a week to get fixed and that it may not be covered by warranty???? I was like, wth, I paid a pretty good amount for this machine, I use it every day, hell i'd almost just buy a new one. Now i'm in a pickle b/c I need this machine desperatly this week, but it's freaked up....

Are any of you other Makita owners having trouble like this? Found any solutions? I love my Makita, but if their customer service is no better than this, i'm going with a diffrent brand if I have to buy a new one. Porter Cable just sent me a new 7336 when mine went bad, now thats customer service.

Sorry guys, had to vent lol!

Streetlife
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I had a repair done on my air compressor, it was still under warranty, no questions asked. Come to think of it, i didn't have to show my receipt either.Im the MAN

Brandon1
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Well I sure hate to have crappy Customer Service around here like that, I want people to stand behind their products.

dionnfr
08-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Sorry to hear that, Makita is really good at backing up their repairs especially under warranty.

Brian_Brice
08-20-2008, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately Brandon, the later model Makita's have been having a lot of issues. Mine is 8 years old and seems heavier and slightly different than new ones. Although it took mine 8 years to die whereas a few friends of mine had similar and different issues that you are experiencing.

I am most likely going to ring up and order for a Metabo soon, the cords on the makita get twisted easy and require sauder work.

You might consider taking yours to a local hobby shop that works on rc cars. When mine died initially I had a guy rewire it with his saudering kit, he's into the rc cars. That might resolve your situation in a more timely manner.