PDA

View Full Version : Seat and carpet protectant

Willison's
08-19-2008, 06:15 AM
Do you guys suggest applying anything to new cloth seats and carpet such as scotch gaurd or similar?? If so how do you go about the process?

ScottB
08-19-2008, 04:50 PM
I have always Scotchgarded my interiors ... well the carpets and mats since I prefer leather seating. That said, all you do is spray on the area liberally , you can then lightly buff, and allow to dry. For cars I find the Scotchgard made for heavy carpets (use to be in blue can) to work best. Might be able to find other fabric protectors too ...Remove stains from carpet & upholstery inside your car, boat, RV and home with DP, Stoner, 303, Wolfgang, Sprayway, 303 protectant, meguiars (http://www.autogeek.net/carup.html) (Stoners , 303)

POPPAJ
08-20-2008, 06:44 AM
I always treat fabrics and carpeting with 303 fabric protectant, makes any future clean-up much easier. Usually give it two coats with drying in between. With the last coat I go over all treated surfaces with a brush to align the fibers before the product dries.

Meghan
08-20-2008, 09:31 AM
I always treat fabrics and carpeting with 303 fabric protectant, makes any future clean-up much easier. Usually give it two coats with drying in between. With the last coat I go over all treated surfaces with a brush to align the fibers before the product dries.

:whs:

sal329
08-20-2008, 11:32 AM
303 Fabric Protectant