PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Glaze, Sealing Wax, and Top Inspection?

nrengle
08-18-2008, 12:14 AM
So what are your guys take on the other Menzerna products we don't hear about often? The glaze, the Sealing Wax and Top Inspection?

I know the polishes are amazing, but what about this stuff?

ss-truck
08-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Yeh I want to know too Feed back please

lempilot
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM
I am new to this level of detailing. In fact, I just learned about orange peeling. That being said, I used Manzerna 115cq on my girlfriends's mother's car; it filled the swirl marks on her white oldsmobile creating a very impressive result. I followed it with Klasse Sealant. It worked really well, however, I do not know how long it will last, but I was very impressed with it.

Keith Harrison
08-18-2008, 01:53 PM
I've asked the question myself with no feedback. I have the glaze that came with my Flex kit but have not used it. Correction was excellent so I didn't glaze... My wife drives an 08 black tahoe and was thinking about trying the glaze instead of a full correction. Just has minor swirls from typical dealer delivery.

If I can get time to work on that monster I'll try to do some before/after shots.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-18-2008, 02:44 PM
As far as the glaze goes if you work the Menzerna polishes correctly the glaze will add nothing to the
finished product. I have never used thier sealing wax, its like an AIO and I do not use AIO's. The top ionspection I use as a IPA wipe down after polishing that is what it is for. The top inspection is a nice product but you can do the samething with 75/25 ipa/water mix.

Keith Harrison
08-18-2008, 03:54 PM
As far as the glaze goes if you work the Menzerna polishes correctly the glaze will add nothing to the
finished product.

This is really what I expected to hear. It was my thought exactly and I was too tired to glaze a beautifully corrected car when I still had lsp to do.

As I said though, I will try it on the tahoe before I bite off on a full correction and share the results.

Keith Harrison
08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
On the glaze, since it has no correction properties is there any quality benefit to applying it with the flex instead of by hand?

nrengle
08-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Meghan is sending me a sample of each of the products to use. And I have a few good vehicles to try them on... My Civic has a lot of minor swirls on it from washing, etc and I haven't had time to do a full correction yet. So it's going to get the glaze. Its Nighthawk Black Pearl in color. Then I'm going to use the Sealer Wax on either a Silver Dodge Ram (farm truck, lots of abuse), or a 02 Pontiac Grand Prix that's black. Depends on when the samples get in, and which one is available to try it on. I'll keep you guys updated (should have a new camera to use too when I do this.)

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
On the glaze, since it has no correction properties is there any quality benefit to applying it with the flex instead of by hand?

Use it with the Flex, it will work in the paint better, and also less chance of it streaking.

ScottB
08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
the wax (APO) has its place, and a little harder to buff off but quite durable initially. The Finishing Spray is a wipe down product and as offered quite nice but expensive.

Meghan
09-16-2008, 09:01 AM
I sent out samples of these to a few guys awhile ago, was hoping to get some feedback for the members...:confused:
You guys want to share with the class what you thought of them??

nrengle
09-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Sorry Meghan, I haven't been able to. My car got hit by a semi (nothing serious, see Need body shop in Columbus Ohio thread for details). So it's in the body shop. And thanks to Hurricane Ike's remnants, we have no power. Got hit by 75mph winds and knocked power out to most of the central part of the state. I still have 6 more days before I'll have power at home. Posting this from a friends house now. I promise I will get these reviews to you before I leave for Europe on October 2nd.

Meghan
09-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry Meghan, I haven't been able to. My car got hit by a semi (nothing serious, see Need body shop in Columbus Ohio thread for details). So it's in the body shop. And thanks to Hurricane Ike's remnants, we have no power. Got hit by 75mph winds and knocked power out to most of the central part of the state. I still have 6 more days before I'll have power at home. Posting this from a friends house now. I promise I will get these reviews to you before I leave for Europe on October 2nd.

LOL.... no worries, you are not the only one!:D Let the other five take some heat! Getting hit by a semi and no power lets you off the hook!;)

nrengle
09-16-2008, 01:07 PM
LOL Thanks. I'm actually going to skip work to do this (I need a day off anyways!), so hopefully Monday I'll be able to do this, instead of working Celine Deion

Meghan
09-16-2008, 01:15 PM
.... instead of working Celine Deion

You must explain this???