PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these kits I bought?

Blade
08-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Okay I thought I splurged last month when I bought the PC starter kit from AG. I was wrong, because I just placed an even bigger order for these 2 kits. What do you think?

Souveran Sizzling Shine Kit, pinnacle car wax kit, pinnacle wax kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pinsouvkit.html)
Pinnacle Complete Swirl Remover Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/pin450.html)As well, I ordered some CCS orange pads and since winter is fast approaching, one big bottle of ONR, based on recommedations I've read here.

Both kits come with a Souveran wax which might seem redundant. Well I needed the swirl remover kit on my white vehicle, and the kit comes with a liquid souveran. But I also like to try the souveran paste wax on my other dark-colored vehicle and the kit it comes in really looks good, so why not?

Oh, heaven help me, they're all so totally foreign to me. I hope I didn't just chuck away some hard-earned money!!

Meghan
08-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Good purchases, and if you need any tech help with them give us a call.

dublifecrisis
08-18-2008, 09:07 AM
be sure to post up a review and let everyone know what you think...and yes, u have to have PICS!..LOL

Buddy
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
I just bought some sample bottles. Whats that address again.:righton:.

michael k
08-18-2008, 04:26 PM
I just bought some sample bottles.:righton:.
Samples?Where?

ScottB
08-18-2008, 05:45 PM
The Sizzling Shine Kit is a must have in every detailing aersonal. Its Pinnacle at its finest.

Blade
08-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Yes I do need some guidelines on these products. The shipment should arrive next week and I can hardly wait!

Please anyone correct me if I'm wrong with any of these steps. The car has a lot of spider-webbing and a few hairline scratches all over. As far as I can tell with the ziplock bag test, this less-than-a-year old car does not need claying yet. So, if only to remove the spider-webs:

Wash car with the Shampoo and dry (2-bucket method and lots of MF towels)
Use PC with Advanced Swirl Remover on Orange pad
Use PC with Finishing Polish on White pad
Next I have a choice: either use liquid souveran with blue pad or manually apply the souveran paste wax

Is this good? Hope I don't introduce other problems due to user error!

Okay, here's where I'm a bit clueless: maintainance. Assuming I got all the swirl marks out, all I know is that I'll keep on doing my weekly wash and try not to introduce new swirls. But after each wash, do I need to apply the Crystal Mist Carnauba Spray everytime?

Finally, I have absolutley no idea where the Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion fits in all of these. It's part of the kit. I assume that in a few weeks or months down the road, I can use this, instead of the ASR/AFP combo, before applying wax again. Is this correct?

Then maybe next year I'll probably repeat the ASR/AFP process all over and expect to do this maybe twice or 3x a year?

Please provide a noob with some guidelines!

Keith Harrison
08-18-2008, 09:41 PM
I am a bit of a noob myself but your plan sounds spot on and is exactly what I am doing/have done. I use a different line of products but with the same basic categories of polishes and waxes, etc. I do use my QD (Cry. Mist equiv.) pretty much after every wash as it keeps a nice slick paint and maintains the shine.

You are right on with the Cleansing Lotion also. Strips the old wax off and allows a fresh coat. (At least that is what my P21S cleanser does) Not needed after polishing though just when you want to clean the slate and rewax without polishing.

I can't speak to the product/pad combo since I use a different product/flex but always remember to not use any more correction than is necessary. Test an area and if needed step up the pad. I ended up only using the orange on my flex on the hood to get a few stubborn spots.

If you have clay, I might suggest running over the panels that are just behind your tires. Its hard not to have some debrie in those areas that needs to be removed. Its the only place I clayed.

Take your time & you will be fine. Good luck, its a heck of a lot of fun watchin those swirls disappear.

Blade
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Keith, thanks for the tips on the cleansing lotion. Didn't realize they strip old wax, which makes sense if I remember its product description correctly.

The orange pads will be my 2nd attempt on the hood. When I first received my PC 7424 about 3 weeks ago, I tried the white pads using a Mother's product that I had previously used manually. Almost did not make a difference, though my son thinks there's less of the swirl marks. So I don't know, I'm upgrading both the product and the pad so not sure if it's too drastic. The vehicle is an 2008 Audi by the way, which I've read to have rock hard paint (don't really know for sure!)

Good point on where to clay. I've only run my fingers over the hood and the front bumpers which passed the test all the time after each wash. I'll test those areas behind the tire this weekend.

On the way home today, I bought a portable 500w halogen work lamp. Will help me view the marks more conveniently. I'd like to take some before and after pics to show here. Hoping my small digital cam is up to the task as well!

94LT1
08-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Your audi will be fine with an orange pad and the Swirl remover.There deffiently known for having hard clear coats.U will probably have 2 do more then 1 pass though.the Pinnacle polishes arent bad but there not very aggressive.make sure to spend atleast 60 seconds or more per pass and work in small sections.

Blade
08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
So after assembling my portable 500w halogen lamp, positioning it and turning it on, I found that the problem is more severe than I previously thought. Man, that 500w lamp is brutal. It revealed a lot more flaws that regular direct sunlight has hidden from me. Whereas I thought there's only minor spider-webbing, the halogen lamp showed a lots of elongated streaks everywhere!! Some of them look downright nasty. This really shows how clueless I've been. I'll show pics later.

A6Rox
08-19-2008, 11:46 AM
As a newb myself, I asked the same question. I also have an Audi (2006 A6) and was told to do a pass with the orange pad, then follow it up with the white pad (same swirl remover). I bought the XMT Intermediate Swirl kit and was told to use XMT3 with Orange, XMT3 with White, then XMT1 with gray. Hope that helps....I haven't done the hallogen test yet (I think I'm scared too see what shows up), but it looks 100 times better in sunlight.

A6Rox
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
As a newb myself, I asked the same question. I also have an Audi (2006 A6) and was told to do a pass with the orange pad, then follow it up with the white pad (same swirl remover). I bought the XMT Intermediate Swirl kit and was told to use XMT3 with Orange, XMT3 with White, then XMT1 with gray. Hope that helps....I haven't done the hallogen test yet (I think I'm scared too see what shows up), but it looks 100 times better in sunlight.

A6Rox
08-19-2008, 11:48 AM
sorry for the double post......stupid computer!!!:mad: