PDA

View Full Version : which sealants do you like

Pages : [1] 2

timsmcm
08-16-2008, 05:07 PM
I have used the Classe and did not have good results with it. Can you recommend a better product? I use the pinnacle product line, swirl removers, glaze which I really like a lot, and pinnacle Souveran paste wax. Is the Wolfgang sealant compatible with the pinnacle products and is it easy to use?

Surfer
08-16-2008, 05:11 PM
I've always liked PBs EX-P and DG 105. Klasse SG is finicky and blah looking. And yeh the WG sealant would be fine to use though I don't know about with the Pinnacle glaze, EX-P is the only one I know of that will work wit ha glaze like RMG etc something to do with the resin makeup I guess? But an acrylic glaze like EZ-Creme etc will work with anything.

wytstang
08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Easy to use yes, plays nice with glazes I don't think it does. But WG sealant and Souveran (no glaze) would work just fine together. WG (like most sealant) need 12-24 hrs cure time before adding another layer or anything.

sal329
08-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Duragloss 105 and 111
Meg NXT 2.0
FK1 Hi Temp 1000p

blacknblu
08-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Easy to use yes, plays nice with glazes I don't think it does. But WG sealant and Souveran (no glaze) would work just fine together. WG (like most sealant) need 12-24 hrs cure time before adding another layer or anything.
:iagree:
I'm getting about 6 - 8 weeks out of WGDPS 3.0. I don't know what the "norm" is, but I'm happy with the results.

67Customs
08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Duragloss #105. I love it. It still beads after seven months and the Jeep is still really slick and easy to wash.

hondajake
08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Poorboys EX-P is my favourite sealant and I top it with Souvran Paste and it looks awesome! I have tried WGDG in the past but I prefer EXP... EXP seems to last longer. I have not tried the 3.0 version yet.

1hawaii50
08-17-2008, 04:32 AM
I've only just used my Wolfgang sealant yesterday. It goes on, and comes off extremely easy. I only did part of the car, as I ran out of time, but I'm going to try to finish today after work. Wolfgang products are all that I have right now. I used their TSR, and Finishing glaze, topped off with the paint sealant, and so far, I'm impressed with the results. Once I've sealed the whole car, it'll be topped off with Souveran paste wax, and then we'll really see how she shines!

supercharged
08-17-2008, 06:40 AM
DG #105 for it's durability.
4* UPP - polycharged for flat paints
Wolfgang DGPS (polycharged) for metallics, warmer carnauba look.

Bernard
08-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I like Wolfgang DGPS & Duragloss 105. Wolfgang is bright shinny wet look & DG 105 is durable and glossy. These are my 2 favourite sealants.

Jimmie
08-17-2008, 09:09 AM
DP Premium Surface Shield for its carnauba look.
It has been discontinued so I'll probably switch to WGDGPS someday to mimic that look.

ScottB
08-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Four Star UPP with polycharger, its a hidden gem. Easy to use, great results, and super slick. Trust me and consider their spray wax also as a booster.

If you need hints on Klasse, let me know which one you are having problems with and I might be able to offer some hints. The sealant is finicky for sure, but darn bulletproof and long lasting. Use a small spray bottle and spritz one to two times and immediately buff off. Its called WOWO -- It is a bit sterile in look but any quick detailer or gloss enhancing spray will make it look delicious and it protects and beads like crazy.

timsmcm
08-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks for all of the info. I have been using the classe all in one and high gloss sealant glaze. I would clean and clay ( this is on new paint that is in good shape) the paint, apply glaze wait 24 hours leave in garage and reapply 3 times then use the classe all in one over the top of it and I would not get but a couple of weeks of protection out of it. I have white paint and I would get bug gut colors in the paint and I could not get them out. I did not use the pinnacle glaze till later on and I was not using the classe products anymore as I did not think that they worked worth dog dookie. I believe I was using the products right.

Surfer
08-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for all of the info. I have been using the classe all in one and high gloss sealant glaze. I would clean and clay ( this is on new paint that is in good shape) the paint, apply glaze wait 24 hours leave in garage and reapply 3 times then use the classe all in one over the top of it and I would not get but a couple of weeks of protection out of it. I have white paint and I would get bug gut colors in the paint and I could not get them out. I did not use the pinnacle glaze till later on and I was not using the classe products anymore as I did not think that they worked worth dog dookie. I believe I was using the products right.Big difference, Klasse AIO is a cleaner with some acrylic protection, Klasse SG is their glaze. Using Klasse AIO over SG will remove it, AIO will remove basically anything, its a strong chemical cleaner. AIO is only used to prep/clean paint after polishing, or wanting to strip etc. Though it works awesome on glass.

94LT1
08-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Collinite 845 is what i use now.I used it on my moms black impala a month or so ago and she always runs it through the automatic car wash atleast twice a month....:(well i hand washed her car the other day and the water still beads up and the surfure is still smooth.i just use a glaze and then top it with the 845 and i actually get compliments from people when im out about how clean and shinny my cars look.And if i have time the next day ill just top either Liquid souveran or my SSII.