PDA

View Full Version : max wax or souveran? plus order comments/recommendations

GiXx
08-16-2008, 12:54 PM
well im getting ready to place a largish order from AG and was wondering how much better the souveran really is? i still have a ton of the max wax left so im not sure if i should just use it or add it to the shelf.

car is an 07 nighthawk metallic black pearl civic si

the rest of my order will consist of:
1.PC kit with 5.5 backing and the 6.5" pads XMT pad conditioner and cleaner
2. 6.5" orange pads (since the kit doesnt have them)
3. 3.5" backing plate and 4" spot buff kit (getting the kit because its pretty much the same price as if i bought just the pads seperately)
4. menz IP, 106fa, 85u (not 100% sure if i need the ip as swirls are light, not sure about the 85 either)
5. pinnacle clay kit
6. DP tire gel? (looking for something that makes them really shiny, previously used black magic tire wet)
7. handful of cobra super plushes

input greatly appreciated

in case anyone was wondering, current products i own:
dp foam and foam gun
megs gold class car wash
WG DGPS
WG and DP instant detailer
max wax

trhland
08-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Souveran is the best!!! along with pinnicle sig series2 paste. just gives such an awesome glossy wet look to the paint work . up there with high end waxes for sure trust me .... go for it ..

Rsurfer
08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
well im getting ready to place a largish order from AG and was wondering how much better the souveran really is? i still have a ton of the max wax left so im not sure if i should just use it or add it to the shelf.

car is an 07 nighthawk metallic black pearl civic si

the rest of my order will consist of:
1.PC kit with 5.5 backing and the 6.5" pads XMT pad conditioner and cleaner
2. 6.5" orange pads (since the kit doesnt have them)
3. 3.5" backing plate and 4" spot buff kit (getting the kit because its pretty much the same price as if i bought just the pads seperately)
4. menz IP, 106fa, 85u (not 100% sure if i need the ip as swirls are light, not sure about the 85 either)
5. pinnacle clay kit
6. DP tire gel? (looking for something that makes them really shiny, previously used black magic tire wet)
7. handful of cobra super plushes

input greatly appreciated

in case anyone was wondering, current products i own:
dp foam and foam gun
megs gold class car wash
WG DGPS
WG and DP instant detailer
max wax
Souveran on black is awesome. Max wax on lighter metallic paint is great. Skip the 6.5" pads and get 5.5" pads. The 6.5" are too large for the pc. The 4" pads are great for correction. You only need the black and blue/red in 5.5" for jeweling, waxing or sealing. The 106FA should be enough to correct your light swrils. Get the 85rd for final polish and to burnish the paint after using 106FA. If you like shinney tires, the Black Magic works pretty good. Get the Gold Corbra's they are super soft and absorbent. Do you have ONR for washing? Great product for a rinseless wash and you can use it QD strength for your clay lube. Have Fun!!!:buffing:

ScottB
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Souveran Paste has a glow that others dont offer, it truly is a show stopping award winning wax. Its durability wont match Max Wax but not really a direct competitor. If I was looking for a carnauba and considering this weekends 20% off sale, I would consider Souveran Paste or Wolfgang Fuzion.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-16-2008, 04:38 PM
If AG still has the 106ff get that instead of the FA, fa has alot more working time and with a pc it will take forever. So get the ff. I would get the 4 and 5.5 inch pads for the pc and not even get the 605 pads, they do not do much on the pc. As far as pad choices go with white, green, grey and blue, maybe a couple of orange just in case. As far which other Menzerna polishes, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the IP take out your swirls and 106FF for the final polish, also 85RD would give you a little extra something after using 106ff. As far as a sealant, Wolfgang looks awesome on and black and for a nuba I would go with Souveran.