PDA

View Full Version : do i need to use Pinnacle XMT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner

Pages : [1] 2

sciontest
08-14-2008, 08:43 AM
i have pc7424 do need to use Pinnacle XMT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner on my pads before i start applying wolfgang toltal swirl? is there something else i can use to soften the pad? what can i use to spritz the pads with if so?
Feed back please

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Just use the product itself as your prime.

sciontest
08-14-2008, 09:24 AM
thanks asphalt rocket

Blade
08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
A follow-up question from a PC noob, please. Do I need to spritz this only once (just before the first application) or do I need to continually spritz the pad during the whole process, i.e. each time I load a product on it?

trhland
08-14-2008, 07:26 PM
u can just use a q/d

charliehaley
08-14-2008, 09:33 PM
From what i understand it is just the first time. Once the pad is primed with the product you shouldn't need to spritz it again.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Do not use a QD as a pad prime.

sciontest
08-15-2008, 05:47 AM
from what i understand if i'm not using the Pinnacle XMT Polishing Foam Pad Conditioner to prime the pad before i start i would just use the product.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-15-2008, 06:25 AM
correct

Buddy
08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
ASPHALT ROCKET, What would be the reason not to use a Q/D to prime pads. What do you know that I don't know. Could you please share??? Thank you!!!

David Fermani
08-15-2008, 05:00 PM
What's the reasoning for using anything other than the polish itself as a lube? Is this a Wolfgang/Pinnacle thing? I can't see it being a necessity.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-15-2008, 05:11 PM
ASPHALT ROCKET, What would be the reason not to use a Q/D to prime pads. What do you know that I don't know. Could you please share??? Thank you!!!

They contain silicones which should not be mixed with your polishes. All you need is the polish itself to prime the pad.

Rsurfer
08-15-2008, 05:46 PM
They contain silicones which should not be mixed with your polishes. All you need is the polish itself to prime the pad.
Doesnt FK425 and ONR contain polymers?

Buddy
08-15-2008, 06:25 PM
David Fermani, Just so you know this is not any kind of thing accept a learning Thing. Sorry you thought other wise. If you have any else you would like to add to this subject. I would be more than happy to listen and learn. I just didn't understand why after all this time that I have been hearing use a QD to prime your pads. That its not SOP anymore. I do want to be the best that I can and this helps.

ASPHALT ROCKET, I would like to to thank you for your response. I would like a follow up question please. don't alot of waxes, sealents and glazes allready have silicone in them. Sorry, I don't mean to give you a hard time but one question lead to another. I do get the concept but I don't get why.

David Fermani
08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
The principle behind priming your pad is so you're not dry buffing your finish with the section of the pad that doesn't yet have product on it. It's not a big deal to do this if you work into the bead of your product properly and disperse it evenly across the face of your pad. Or, like some prefer to do, you can also add the product directly onto your pad. Another option is to spritz some water on the polished surface or on the pad itself to lubricate too.