PDA

View Full Version : when do you use quick detailer?

Girn
08-12-2008, 02:09 PM
I bought a claybar kit and it came with the quick detailer.. when are other times I can use it besides using it as lube for the claybar? lets say I wash my car and the next day I got some dust on it.. is it okay to just spray it on the dust and wipe away with an MF towel? or could that cause light scratches.. and what if I got some dirt from rain that stuck on the car.. im guessing i cant use it to clean that?

ScottB
08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
quick detailer is limited to removing light surface dust and birdie doo doo between washing. Spray liberally, saturate, and buff with a super soft towel. No circling and dont use on extreme dirt, sand, or pollen as it could scratch surface.

SanAndreas
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
For light dust I think it depends on how scratch resistant the paint is. I probably wouldn’t do it with a Japanese car.

The dirt after rain I would absolutely not QD. Some of the particles are large and sharp.

Another use is to clean inside the doorsills when you wash.

sal329
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I use it approx 2x a week on my Accord (fiances car) that is garaged most of the time, and my Mark VIII that is daily driven and outside 24/7

nitro78
08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
i use a qd for bird poo and insects. if my vehicle is in between washings i use onr.

Silver Fox
08-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I suggest having a good coat of Carnauba Polish, and then a coat of sealant. Extreme Top Coat 3x Carnauba is a good product. I find with this kind of protection nothing really sticks. You can just duster off any pollen and most anything else knocks off pretty easily. Once you use the qk dtl your golden till the next wash.
Let me know how it works out.

SanAndreas
08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I suggest having a good coat of Carnauba Polish, and then a coat of sealant. Extreme Top Coat 3x Carnauba is a good product.

Could you clarify this? You know sealant over wax generally removes the wax, right? ## makes some good stuff.

Wow, I'm not allowed to type in the company's initials. Thumbs down to AG!

Silver Fox
08-14-2008, 09:53 PM
:iagree:I hear you, sealants pretty much dig down to the clear coat. I would absolutely put a coat of wax on after the sealant, whether there's a recent coat of wax on or not. Clay, then swirl polish after washing if u have time.

Wax on, Wax off.