PDA

View Full Version : Mequires (high End) Pro Line!!!??really?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

trhland
08-12-2008, 07:50 AM
is mequires pro line up there with lets say higher end products? pinnicle ect? or is it the same as otc stuff?in larger containers?
i just ordered (last touch)q/d from a/g because ive heard such great things about it on high end detail forums so i fiqured id give it a try .:D now i have q/d out the ying yang:D so anyway just wondering who uses there pro line and how do they like compaired to otc megs? thanks

ScottB
08-12-2008, 09:25 AM
If you are talking about the brown bottles (the Mirror Line) then they are certainly better than some of their OTC products and they offer speciality or specific products version AIO. I would not however compare them with Pinnacle, Zaino, Wolfgang, and other high lines specifically.

trhland
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM
thanks!.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2008, 07:57 AM
Some of their line is better than the above lines mentioned. M105, 83,80,95 and even #3 works very well.

dublifecrisis
08-13-2008, 08:18 AM
IMO, Meguire's continues to put out good products for both the OTC and pro-line stuff. They've been around for a long time and though it may not be the absolute BEST, the prices are fair and the results are good.

m4bama
08-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Meg's 20 poly sealant is still good and has been updated the 21 sealant is newer and is good as well.

The # 62 car wash is really good.

sal329
08-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't say their Pro line is high end. It is designed for Proffessionals so it is tweaked differently then their consumer line. I really have not heard anything negative about their polishes. I have yet to try, I want to but Prima Swirl works so well for me I have not tried anything different

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Some of their line is high line without a doubt, I wouldn't go as far saying that their complete line is though. As said above without trying it one should not comment on it.

dublifecrisis
08-13-2008, 11:33 AM
they sure are making a lot of money!! We all know there's a good number of people out there that'll use nothing but Meg's and some of those are using just Consumer line OTC stuff. I've tried quite a few of their mirror glaze stuff and it's delivered results. some of it is a little tougher to remove, etc but it works nonetheless.

heatgain
08-13-2008, 11:39 AM
I've see lots of detailings that drop jaws and they're done with all Meguiar's stuff.
Joe's work, at Superior Shine comes to mind also.

m4bama
08-13-2008, 01:18 PM
The # 9 Polish is good as well leaves a nice bright,deep and wet shine easy to use too. Probably easiest polish to use and # 81 hand polish a little tougher but #9 cleans a tad though.

ASPHALT ROCKET
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I am not aware of any company whose every product in the line is the absolute best.

Of course there is Zoran.:D

sal329
08-13-2008, 05:57 PM
If you have not tried how you can know?

How can I know what?

ZoranC
08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
How can I know what?

I wouldn't say their Pro line is high end. It is designed for Proffessionals so it is tweaked differently then their consumer line. I really have not heard anything negative about their polishes. I have yet to try, I want to but Prima Swirl works so well for me I have not tried anything different

How you can know their Pro line is not the high end when you have not tried it?

sal329
08-13-2008, 06:50 PM
I was thinking of High End as in price wise. Like menz and such that are on the pricey spectrum. That is what I think of when I hear High End. I am not saying that the Meguiars Pro line is not better then what I would call high end, actually I am going to take the plunge and get 105, 95, 83, 82 and 80. Like I stated I have not heard any negatives about their polishes. I also have a sample of 151 comming in soon. I guess my train of thought was not on par with others with the term High End.