PDA

View Full Version : Help! Windows messed up

vsupra123
08-11-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't know if this is the right part of the forum, but if it isn't mods please move it.

Here is my problem, I used waterspot remover on the windows of my sisters truck and left them on for a little too long. The windows now have a glaze on them and won't come off. Glaze like donut glaze.

The glaze makes everything look like there is a heat wave radiating off of everything when looking through the windows from the inside. It's a safety hazard.

I tried to capture it with my camera and this is the best I could get. As you can see, the window looks to have a haziness to them under the light from the sky. Although the photo looks out of focus, it's focused on what I'm talking about. The windows feel just like a freshly claybared window should feel like yet with a little texture from this glaze.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/vsupra123/cars/DSC07876.jpg

So my question is....Can I restore the windows to how they're supposed to be? If so, what can I use to do this? Will steel wool take it off, will polishing the windows with a rotary help? Will a razorblade do the trick? I'm willing to do anything because if all else fails the windows are going to be replaced.....$2300 to replace all the windows.

nrengle
08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Try claying the window with a old piece of clay, and see what happens? Or maybe a IPA wipedown, or some kind of vinegar water mixture.

vsupra123
08-11-2008, 11:44 PM
Sorry, what is "IPA?"

nrengle
08-11-2008, 11:46 PM
IPA

Isopropyl Alcohol. A 1 to 1 mixture (1 ounce of IPA to 1 ounce of water, 2 to 2, 10 to 10 etc), in a spray bottle might help. Its good for removing oils and such off of paint after polishing, so might work on your windows too. Worth a shot, and if you have the stuff hanging around the house you don't have to spend any extra cash just yet.

ScottB
08-12-2008, 09:31 AM
DP Glass Restorer is a light glass polish to be used by hand or machine and should remove any previous product including the glazed look.