PDA

View Full Version : Car Washes/Shampoos

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 11:23 AM
Currently the two Car Washes I own are Meg's NXT & Mothers California Gold. I've been wanting to try another one, and I was looking for people to tell me their experiences, opinions, strengths, weaknesses with some of their favorite car washes. Other car washes that I have been looking at are: DP Autobath shampoo, Poorboy's Superslick & Suds, Meguiar's Gold Class, and Optimum Car Wash.

sooper
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I have had excellent results with Meguiar's Gold Class car wash. It has good lubricity and does a good job of cleaning. It is now the main car wash in my arsenal. I do use the cheaper stuff for wheel wells, tires, etc.

bigron
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM
I receive great customer feedback on both Poorboy's Slick & Suds and Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. I use both myself frequently and they are excellent.

ScottB
03-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I receive great customer feedback on both Poorboy's Slick & Suds and Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo. I use both myself frequently and they are excellent.

These are both two of the very best washes AG offers. I love Pinnacle for the rich bubbles, and it wont strip wax. The Poorboys works pretty darn good in my foam gun with suds ... and suds ..... and suds. :D

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the great info. How would you compare the cleaning power of Poorboy's to the washes I currently use (NXT & Mother's).

Also, when looking on AG, the wash from DP looks very nice, does anybody have any experience with it. As of now I am debating between getting the Poorboy's or the Detailer's Pride

MCA
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
I am big supporter of both NXT and GC wash...both are quality washes at a great price. Compared to these two, IMO PB's SSS is a tad bit better...I find it has much greater lubricity - mitts literally glide on the surface w/o minimal effort. In addition, I find SSS to have better "cling" power when used in a foam gun.

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 09:14 PM
I am big supporter of both NXT and GC wash...both are quality washes at a great price. Compared to these two, IMO PB's SSS is a tad bit better...I find it has much greater lubricity - mitts literally glide on the surface w/o minimal effort. In addition, I find SSS to have better "cling" power when used in a foam gun.

MCA, how would you compare NXT and GC?

ASPHALT ROCKET
03-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I used to use Mothers wash, now use the Pinnacle wash, the suds and slickness is so much better. Also have used the Wolfgang wash, did not feel it
was quite as good as the Pinnacle.

JeffW
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I've got a few that I really like, including PB SS&S and NXT for many of the reasons already mentioned. The other that I like alot is 4* Ultimate Auto Wash, which produces a nice amount of suds and great, great lubricity.

On my wish list is the Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo, DP 4-in-1, and need I even mention, the AG Super Duper Soap Foaming stuff when it becomes available.

Mr. Clean
03-22-2006, 03:27 PM
These are both two of the very best washes AG offers. I love Pinnacle for the rich bubbles, and it wont strip wax. The Poorboys works pretty darn good in my foam gun with suds ... and suds ..... and suds. :D

I find the Pinnacle to be a pretty robust wash. If you got dirt to clean it will get it. I'm not saying that it will absolutely strip the LSP, but I get the feeling that it isn't exactly LSP friendly ie. if you LSP is on its last legs, the Pinnacle may be the last straw.

One day I'll have to try the PB's SSS.

SVTContour, I prefer the NXT wash to the GC by a wide margin.

5000XD
03-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Pinnacle car wash all the way! Somehow it makes my wax glossy again after every wash. Plus it smells great!!!!

onehawaiian
03-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Pinnacle car wash all the way! Somehow it makes my wax glossy again after every wash. Plus it smells great!!!!hehe, it does smell good. :p

so far my faves are pinnacle bodywork shampoo and meguiar's gold class.
i used some auto dealership armor all shampoo and it "did the job". but i only used it bc i had a 5gal bucket.

ScottB
03-26-2006, 09:03 AM
I find the Pinnacle to be a pretty robust wash. If you got dirt to clean it will get it. I'm not saying that it will absolutely strip the LSP, but I get the feeling that it isn't exactly LSP friendly ie. if you LSP is on its last legs, the Pinnacle may be the last straw.

One day I'll have to try the PB's SSS.

SVTContour, I prefer the NXT wash to the GC by a wide margin.

I have never noticed Pinnacle stripping a carnuba LSP in the slightest, and dont feel it would make a dent in a sealant. It is extremely concentrated and nothing more than a quarter size pool is needed to make a bucket full of suds. Same with Poorboys.

NXT Wash has two incarnations (purple, and newer blue) . It seems to sheet water which is different than Gold Class (an OTC fav). That said , I clearly prefer the Poorboys and Pinnacle wash even though more costly. Griots aint to bad either .... and I really like the 4 Starr Wash on sealants.

supercharged
03-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I'd say - You get what you pay for! As the price goes up - quality of a car wash goes up. Pinnacle is the way to go on a black car, one of the best ways to go. DP is a good car wash, kind of like Pinnacle, but lubricity is not as good. #62 from Meguiar's is a good one also. If you are not sure which one to get - get both! Like me, I was not sure whether Wheel Wax or Wheel Glaze to get, so I ordered both! (Actually I already had Wheel Glaze, and now it's time to get Wheel Wax). BTW, I never had Poorboys, so I cann't anything about it.