PDA

View Full Version : Mothers power ball on painted wheels

killrflake
08-10-2008, 07:12 PM
I have done a search here looking for info on using the mini power ball on wheels that are alloy but painted and clear coated. It's clear that it can be used on aluminum and chrome wheels with the proper polish, but will it work with the likes of Wheel Wax on the painted wheels on my Infiniti without leaving any scratches or micro marring. I don't want to take any chances so any sound advise would be greatly appreciated.

Rsurfer
08-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I've used the mini powerball on my G clear coated wheels with no ill effects. I found an AIO works best and top it every 2 weeks with Aqua Wax. Keeps the brake dust from sticking.

killrflake
08-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I've used the mini powerball on my G clear coated wheels with no ill effects. I found an AIO works best and top it every 2 weeks with Aqua Wax. Keeps the brake dust from sticking.
Thanks for such a quick responce Rsurfer. It looks like you and I have the same car so I know you are probably working with the same wheels. I see Mothers has come out with a ball for "paint" which gave me the feeling the other ones where not meant for the paint on my wheels, but it looks like you have proven that untrue. Again thanks.

ScottB
08-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Mothers does make a more abrasive powerball mini for use with metal wheels like my high polished Iforged offerings, but you need to buy it directly from them. I was told the original red mini can be used on painted wheels without issue.

killrflake
08-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Mothers does make a more abrasive powerball mini for use with metal wheels like my high polished Iforged offerings, but you need to buy it directly from them. I was told the original red mini can be used on painted wheels without issue.
Thanks for helping to clear this up for me. I purchased the red mini the other day and just needed someone to put my mind at ease before useing it, once you start there is no turning back. This gives me a reason to try the Klasse AIO I got here for the first time. Again, thanks.