PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still using System One?

daveo
08-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Was wondering what happened to all of the System One hype. Does anyone here still use it? Just wondering because I never see any threads about it anymore.

trhland
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
i think that fads over:D

Buddy
08-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I bought a small bottle just to give it a try. I thought it was O-kay and it fit my budget at the time. Put it on with my makita 9227 with a green edge pad and then did again with a white edge. Things could have been a lot worse just for the sake of trying a new product.

scottgt
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
i use it as a metal polish :)

Totoland Mach
08-11-2008, 07:27 AM
I use it a fair amount. Just yesterday, my neighbor wanted her work van (Chevy 1500 van with no side windows) compounded before she gets her company logo applied.

System One outside in direct sun worked great. I spent about 4 hours compounding and polishing (no wax as the logo's will be applied today)

I still use it on some BMW's where the dealer supplied 3M stuff just doesn't work right.

Overall, I think those that bought it and use it have settled in to a comfort zone and continue to toil away.

I didn't even take pics of this work van! I mean a dark green Chevy 1500 is not an awe inspiring vehicle LOL!

Toto

Meghan
08-11-2008, 07:42 AM
Its still selling... lots of pro's like using it since its a one step. Pads selling at a nice steady pace too, so someone is using it!

JTS
08-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I've used it before, it worked well. The one thing I did notice, I get a lot of dusting, anybody else noticed that? This is the only product I've used where I have noticed this.

richy
08-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Here's a detail that I did last week using it. I like it but I didn't at first. The difference is that I now use it with a purple foamed wool pad. A regular yellow wool pad just didn't seem to work as well for me. Also, I found better results using Menz 106ff with a black LCC pad to follow rather than X3 with a foam pad. Those are my experiences with it. I had a scuff in my paint of my Inifiniti that I got rid of very quickly last night. Here's that detail, sorry about the cross-link, I should add it here too, LOL.
'02 Gmc - Detailing Bliss Forum (http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f47/02-gmc-4914.html)

scottgt
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
it dusts a lot for me

Buddy
08-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Ya, I found more dust when I let it get too dry And less dust when I was able to keep up with It. You are right though it is a dusty product. I was wondering if some of that dust is actually abrasives. So, I blow the paint off with an air hose before hand buffing The residue. As far as the system one buffing pad. I never had good luck with the wool side of it and I'm not sure of the reason why (probably the operator). It also seems to work fairly well as a plastic polish . On headlights and things of that nature.

daveo
08-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks all for the replies, everybody on here is a great help with a sea of knowledge. I got a flex but have not had a chance yet to break it out yet. I read so much about so many new products but then it seems a week later something new is out and I change my thought process. Thanks again all.

Dave

rwisejr
08-11-2008, 07:40 PM
I use it alot of the time and it works great !!!!

Totoland Mach
08-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Zoran: I get dusting as well as splatter too, but the product is water based and can be washed with a hose and spray nozzle. The biggest plus is the ability to use this product in direct sun....and there's not a lot of products that can do that effectively.