PDA

View Full Version : Replacing products (slowly) Need advice

nrengle
08-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Hey guys, thought I'd pick everyones brain here. I'm slowly replacing all my OTC Mothers stuff (some not so OTC IE Reflections), and have come up with my list. Wanted to see if you guys thought I was missing anything...

I already have the Surf City Garage Beyond Black and love it. I also have the Wolfgang 3.0 TSR kit.

So here it is:

DP Max Wax Carnauba wax
Poorboys World Wheel Sealant
Poorboys World Black Hole Show Glaze for Dark Vehicles (16oz)
Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel (2 pack)
Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel 6 pack (have a bunch of Autozone microfiber for general stuff on the interior, underhood, wheels, not paint)
P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner 16.9 oz
Grit Guard
Black WOW
EZ Detail Brush Bundle
Lake Country Purple Foamed Wool pad (6.5 inch or 4.0 inch using Rotary)
Surf City Garage Clearly Better Glass Cleaner (2 Liter bottle)
Surf City Garage Pacific Blue Wash & Wax (2 Liter bottle)
303 Aerospace 16 or 32oz Protectant

I also have Purple Power APC and Simple Green HD cut down but still kind strong (been doing work washing walls, and removing cigarette tar from them)

I think it's pretty good. As for a metal polish though I haven't really looked as I barely use any now besides for cymbal polishes and then to do the tip of my exhaust, and well Zlijdian's cymbal creme works pretty damned good on it hahahaha!

trhland
08-06-2008, 04:17 AM
anythign pinnicle is the BEST!!! my favorite line of products..look into to there stuff waxes/cleaners ect..

nrengle
08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to stay away from Pnnicle because of price factor. Granted thiss is a lot of stuff and I'm replacing (and saving) as I run out of stuff here. So on a mid range budget what do you think then?

trhland
08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
d/p has good products and ones that arent so great imo. car wash soap great!!/ interior all purpose cleaner great!!! there wheel glaze dont care for it . gel wheel cleaner isnt very strong. its ok for not so bad wheels. max wax is ok . for the money .. i know pinnicle is a little pricey. but man what awesome results.. check out optimums line of products.. there all fantastic...and resonable.. i just bought there all purpose orange cleaner and its great!!! there tire dressing is great as well..

tom

ScottB
08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
look to the Pinnacle kits for best value, you need to experience the Pinnacle waxes to see why most consider them King of Carnauba.

Jimmie
08-06-2008, 01:52 PM
That's a great list.

nrengle
08-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Believe me I'd love to get Souveran, but my girl would kill me if I spent 85 bucks on a jar of wax when we have a wedding to pay for in 6 1/2 months LOL

ScottB
08-06-2008, 02:16 PM
you need to sell her on the 30+ applications per jar, and that you will soon be detailing her ride too. If all else fails, offer her a new purse. (take it from a married man, or as wife suggests a happily married man)

Jimmie
08-06-2008, 02:47 PM
you need to sell her on the 30+ applications per jar, and that you will soon be detailing her ride too. If all else fails, offer her a new purse. (take it from a married man, or as wife suggests a happily married man)
:iagree: tiebreaker situations are all about the shoes and purse.

nrengle
08-06-2008, 03:11 PM
She doesn't use a purse, and could care less if her car is clean. She hates the fact that I like to detail cars. It's a great stress relief for me. I'll have to show the pics from my iPhone here soon of what I did to the interior of hers (shampooed the carpets for the first time ever!)

trhland
08-06-2008, 04:29 PM
She doesn't use a purse, and could care less if her car is clean. She hates the fact that I like to detail cars. It's a great stress relief for me. I'll have to show the pics from my iPhone here soon of what I did to the interior of hers (shampooed the carpets for the first time ever!)
i hear ya my wifes the same way, she could give a crap about cleaning cars or waxes or anything .she yelled at me the other day . i wanted to use a couple paper towels and my microfibers to clean my truck windows. shes like dont take my dam paper towels !!!! isnt that why you bought all thoses fing micro whatever the hell there called!!!!!:eek::poh marrage stinks!!!!

ScottB
08-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Confusious once told me .... a happy marriage is a happy wife !!
(read into it what you will)

sal329
08-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Duragloss makes good sealants, 105, 111, track claw
Meguiars professional line has good polishes
FK1 Hi Temp wax and Pink wax (pink wax has carnauba in it)
Clear Kote RMG and CMW (CMW is carnauba)
Keep the wheels coated with a sealant (DG 105 or FK1 Hi Temp) and you won't need more then your regular car was solution to clean your wheels
Optimum Spray Wax is great easy on easy off
FK1 425 Quick detailer and Meguiars Ultimate Quick detailer or M135 from their professional line are great
Meguiars Quick Interior detailer, 1Z Cockpit premium, FK 108 and OPP all great for interior
Clean interior with a diluted APC such as Meguiars or Woolite/water 10:1
That is a sample of good items that are both OTC and mail order that are not expensive and yeild great results. just my 2 cents worth