PDA

View Full Version : Glass sealant???

supercharged
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
What else would work good on glass, besides Klasse AIO, and QD sprays?
Will Wolfgang sealant work on it? DP? UPP?
I still want glass ro remain crystal clear, and dont' want any haze on it.

Thanks in advance.:cheers:

By the way, will glass cleaner (Megs NXT, DP, Stoners) remove sealant?

BILL
08-01-2006, 07:38 AM
What else would work good on glass, besides Klasse AIO, and QD sprays?
Will Wolfgang sealant work on it? DP? UPP?
I still want glass ro remain crystal clear, and don't' want any haze on it.

Thanks in advance.:cheers:

By the way, will glass cleaner (Megs NXT, DP, Stoner's) remove sealant?

Great question......... that i asked yesterday about UPP on glass but got plenty of feed back on qd's on glass.........
As far as removing sealant with those products...... i'd say yes if they have cleaners in them.............stoners??? i doubt it.......

Have you tried DP GLASS RESTORER??? great stuff but i feel as you feel that i would want a sealer, or glass sealer, or etc, as a topper on my glass, but I'm afraid to put anything on the glass that may interfere with my wipers working properly

Surfer
08-01-2006, 08:07 AM
I still prefer AIO over the others, if you apply it thinly there won't be any hazing. I did a coating back in April and it's still beading/sheeting great, blows away that rain-x crap. Plus it's cleaning ability will help clean your glass.

dengood1
08-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Surfer, I tried the AIO on my windshield and when I buffed it off I noticed that it filled in the tiny little "pits" in my windshield with product, which were clear before! My windshield now shows many fine speckles in it. How can I remove the product from the tiny "pits" in the windshield?

Thanks!!

Surfer
08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Surfer, I tried the AIO on my windshield and when I buffed it off I noticed that it filled in the tiny little "pits" in my windshield with product, which were clear before! My windshield now shows many fine speckles in it. How can I remove the product from the tiny "pits" in the windshield?

Thanks!!Maybe try some alcohol? I had some very slight marring from using a #0000 steel wool pad and AIO to get off waterspots that nothing else would remove. I used DP Glass Restorer and it seemed to slightly polish the glass. I had kinda the same problem before like you just mentioned. Used DP Glass restorer on a custom 4" orange Edge pad on the PC and then followed up with AIO.

If you have those little pits I think any product like a sealent will fill in. Honestly, grab some Aquawax if you have a Carquest or Nappa near you. It dries clear and works good on glass as well.

BILL
08-01-2006, 10:29 AM

Thanks!!

Thats what im afraid of also.......:(