PDA

View Full Version : Cobra and Natty's blue review

crash93ssei
08-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Just a bit of a quickie here.

This is for the The Cobra Miracle Towel, (http://autogeek.net/miracletowel.html) Cobra Micro-Chenille Car Wash Scrubber Sponge (http://autogeek.net/microfiber-bug-sponge.html), and Poorboy's World Natty’s Paste Wax – BLUE (http://autogeek.net/nattys-blue.html)

No pics here, sorry. Camera was missing....

Well, I tried out the Cobra wash sponge for the first time on my Sisters '95 S-10 Blazer. It was completely filthy, as they live down a dirt road and don't wash it much. I figured it would be an ideal test subject:D So, I used to be a grout sponge user, and I loved that they would hold so much soap and water. I thought how could this be any better then the grout sponge? A sponge is a sponge right? Well... I was wrong. I will likely not use a grout sponge again! This thing holds way more soap / water the the grout sponge and the best thing is that it actually HOLDS the water instead of just dropping most of it by the time you get it to the vehicle.

I also liked the "fingers" on it. They really picked up the grime, but rinsed it off very easily. A huge plus of course.

Next up is the Natty's Blue paste wax.

This was actually my first shot at a true carnauba wax. Before this I was using either Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax or Meguiar's #21 V2.0. I keep seeing everyone say how easy it is to apply and remove. I also read on the page that it seems to really like being applied in the hot sun. So, I Washed up my wife's black 2003 Bonneville, dried it up using a Cobra Guzzler HD drying towel ( Love it!! ) and slapped on some Natty's blue. It did go on super easy. I applied the wax to the whole car and then buffed off with the Miracle towel. I didn't think it was as easy to remove as the Gold Class, but it was not hard to remove by any means.

I thought it looked good, but to be honest wasn't super impressed. Fast forward to the next day and I look at the car and it is beginning to haze again. I think maybe I didn't get it all of the first time, even though it looked like I did. So, I buffed it again and then I was impressed. Now, two days later, I actually think it is looking better and better as the time goes:D It looks soooo good right now, I have never seen it look so nice! I imagine once I get my technique down, I will get amazing results right away. For now though, the results are well worth the wait!

Last up is the Cobra MF Miracle towel.

Well, it is like they say. The softest mf towel I have ever felt. It just feels sooo right LOL. I used it for buffing the wax off my wife's Bonneville and it worked great. I love the really soft plush side, you just know that it is going to look great!

Hopefully this helps a few people out, sorry I didn't get any pics though. I will post some up soon though. Feel free to ask any questions about anything here:D

ScottB
08-06-2008, 02:05 PM
If you want a little more wetness from the wax, consider using the Pinnacle Souveran Spray Wax over it. Nattys is usually quite nice and durable for a wax.