PDA

View Full Version : Product suggestions

Pages : [1] 2

Tesla
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Relatively new at this and terrible with a computer to boot (screwed up my registration), but anyway I was looking for suggestions on what I need to get for my new car.

I just got a new Acura MDX (silver), sorry no pictures. The paint is in good condition. I will be using this car to go to work and back everyday (about 35 miles round trip) and it will be garage parked.

I went to my local Pep Boys but don't know where to start.

Meghan
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
What exactly are you looking "for" and "to do to the car?"

Tesla
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Just want to keep that new look as long as possible and protect the paint the best I can.

Meghan
08-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Well with Silver I always say Pinnacle Signature Series II looks best! Since you are starting fresh you might want to look into getting a kit with that wax in it.

Tesla
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Well with Silver I always say Pinnacle Signature Series II looks best! Since you are starting fresh you might want to look into getting a kit with that wax in it.

Do you have any suggestions for which kit?

Tesla
08-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Never mind... I found them!!! Just takes me longer than most!

sal329
08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
A good car soap like Duragloss 901, 2 buckets (one for the soap and one to rinse the applicator), a good wash mit (sheepskin is great so are microfiber), a few good drying microfiber towels (2-3), Duragloss 501 to clean the paint and top it with Duragloss 105, use the 105 on the wheels as well, a good all purpose cleaner like Meguiars can be used for cleaning wheels, tires, wheel wells, interior and just about everywhere else, a couple of all purpose microfiber towels, a good interior protectant like Meguiars Interior Detailer or Optimum Protectant Plus, Im sure the MDX has leather so get some 1Z leather cleaner/conditoner or you can use the same Optimum Protectant Plus on the leather as well. All these items can be purchased here on Auto Geek, I would get some cheap microfiber towels to clean the interior from walmart.

Meghan
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
You can always call in to our tech dept and they will gladly help you out. We also have live support on our website.

Tesla
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
A good car soap like Duragloss 901, 2 buckets (one for the soap and one to rinse the applicator), a good wash mit (sheepskin is great so are microfiber), a few good drying microfiber towels (2-3), Duragloss 501 to clean the paint and top it with Duragloss 105, use the 105 on the wheels as well, a good all purpose cleaner like Meguiars can be used for cleaning wheels, tires, wheel wells, interior and just about everywhere else, a couple of all purpose microfiber towels, a good interior protectant like Meguiars Interior Detailer or Optimum Protectant Plus, Im sure the MDX has leather so get some 1Z leather cleaner/conditoner or you can use the same Optimum Protectant Plus on the leather as well. All these items can be purchased here on Auto Geek, I would get some cheap microfiber towels to clean the interior from walmart.

Wow! That is a lot of information. Thanks Sal329.

Some of the names are familiar some are not. I was hoping to get a premium wax that would give me the best possible protection. Do you recommend Duragloss?

Is 1Z leather cleaner from Zaino? I've heard a lot about their paint products being some of the best, is that true of the interior stuff as well?

Tesla
08-05-2008, 11:09 AM
You can always call in to our tech dept and they will gladly help you out. We also have live support on our website.

Not a bad idea. I was hoping to poll the audience and see what everyone else was using. I like your suggestion that Pinnacle looks best on silver though!

Meghan
08-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Is 1Z leather cleaner from Zaino? I've heard a lot about their paint products being some of the best, is that true of the interior stuff as well?

IZ refers to Einszett, but Zaino does have two leather products that I know of.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2014_425081
1Z Einszett Leather Care (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-leather-care.html)

Jimmie
08-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Below is always a sound gameplan. Buy products in each catagory as needed.
Wash-Clay-Polish-Protect

dublifecrisis
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
everyone here has different opinions. most will agree though-that 80% of what you can buy in a store is not really that great. The other 20% are select products available at certain stores. The brands you haven't heard of are usually better than anything you'll find at pep-boys. Don't get me wrong-pep-boys, wal-mart etc have some quality items.

Take Sal''s advice. that's a good start. Also Meghan goes above and beyond to make sure everyone's happy. Call the tech line.

Zaino has some great stuff and a cult like following....little pricey.

read as much on this forum as you can and in a week, you'll have a good idea.

Tesla
08-05-2008, 12:55 PM
IZ refers to Einszett, but Zaino does have two leather products that I know of.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2014_425081
1Z Einszett Leather Care (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-leather-care.html)

Ooops. I figured everytime I saw a "Z" it meant Zaino! Still learning!

Tesla
08-05-2008, 12:57 PM
everyone here has different opinions. most will agree though-that 80% of what you can buy in a store is not really that great. The other 20% are select products available at certain stores. The brands you haven't heard of are usually better than anything you'll find at pep-boys. Don't get me wrong-pep-boys, wal-mart etc have some quality items.

That is what I kind of figured, but I thought pep boys might have some of the higher end items. Ultimately I had some really young kids telling me that there was nothing better than "Nano Wax" (I think).