PDA

View Full Version : Goin' to the Crossroads!

scooterguitar
07-31-2006, 08:55 PM
WHoo hoo! All my life I said I was oging to visit the real Crossroads one day and looks like I will this weekend as I am on my honeymoon!
For those who don't know, old Blue folklore, go to the crossroads at midnight, sell your soul to the devil to leanr how to play an instrument(short version), also planning on finding Robert Johnson's grave!
Man this is so awesome!

bluzman
07-31-2006, 09:16 PM
WHoo hoo! All my life I said I was oging to visit the real Crossroads one day and looks like I will this weekend as I am on my honeymoon!
For those who don't know, old Blue folklore, go to the crossroads at midnight, sell your soul to the devil to leanr how to play an instrument(short version), also planning on finding Robert Johnson's grave!
Man this is so awesome!

That is so cool. Be sure to take some pics!!! Hey Scoot, do dig Robert Johnson, Im a huge blues fan but I find it hard to take. Now I bought the Eric Clapton's album were he covered some RJ songs and I really liked it!!!

scooterguitar
07-31-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, always been into RJ, Son Hosue, Bukka White, etc. Down in the Delta is wher eit began man! I'm going to Dockery Plantation where lots of them were born and played. There are three places that are the actual crossroads, a few are out in nowehre, but afte rlots of studying and calling around, I think I have it narrowed down to two that might actually be it (not hwy61/49), but out near the planation wher ehe likely woulda sold hid soul, should be a pretty unique expereince.

bluzman
07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
I know that RJ and in the Delta is where it began, but I have RJ's album and I just cant listen to it. THat sounds cool though, i bet its kind of eery. I had always heard that about RJ selling his soul. If you ask me he didnt get his moneys worth!! LOL

FloridaNative
08-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Cool!! +1 on the pics! And congrats on getting married! My best wishes to you both for a long life of love, passion and true friendship! Congratulations Scott! :) :cheers:

scooterguitar
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
Thanks there Florida!

Ridebyshootings
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Scooter the actual burial area for Roberts is not really known. Ive heard of three different places hes suppose to be buried at. Pretty cool but poor area you will be in. Enjoy the BBQ in the area! Andrew

scooterguitar
08-02-2006, 10:37 PM
Whichever one I get the chills at will be the actual one.
No, through lots of research and speaking with some big Blues aficiandos down there, 90% agree its at Little Zion (not Mt. Zion, that's one too) chruch, right in Greenwood. Makes sense cause that's where he was basically posined, and layed for a few days before dying. He was a poor musician, would they really transport hsi body that far(all three are within maybe 30 minutes of each other), back then odds were you would be buried at nearerst potter's field. Who knows! Yes, BBQ! ummm. Gonan have Ctafish fo sho at Club Ebony in Indianloa, BB King's hoem town and he always orders it when he's there!
I've wnated ot take the Delta/Robert Johnson Journey since the early 90's, might never be this cloeby again, so I'm going!
Be cool.