PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Reflections

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
What are everybody's thoughts on Mothers Reflections line of products?

Has anyone compared the looks/durability of Mothers Reflections Advanced Car Wax to other popular sealants such as 4 star, Poorboys, and DP?

Also, has anyone here tried Reflections Topcoat?, if so what do you think of it?

ScottB
03-21-2006, 05:55 PM
What are everybody's thoughts on Mothers Reflections line of products?

Has anyone compared the looks/durability of Mothers Reflections Advanced Car Wax to other popular sealants such as 4 star, Poorboys, and DP?

Also, has anyone here tried Reflections Topcoat?, if so what do you think of it?

Reflections is highly regarded as one of the best OTC lines available. Top Coat seems like an interesting product, but always found that Crystal Mist does very well on all carnubas and most sealants. I would also like to see someones thoughts on Top Coat specifically.

MasterShineBoy
03-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Ask Kirk(CWCAD), He is currently using that combo on his beastly truck.

cwcad
03-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Well the *beastly* truck is holding up well as of this writing. About two months into application of a full detail. Spray Wax has been applied a couple of times I guess.

It is beading well but not great. but I must admit that the sealant that I am testing it beside it beading practically the same way. some observers say the beading is better than the other product. Other say that there is little or no difference in beading. I am middle of the road at this time.

It does darken the paint a little. I think this is good. It is an easy on/easy off type product. I like the bottles that they are encasd in. It is a very shiny combination of products.

I would recommend this line to anyone willing to take the time to prep properly.

Here are some pictures of beading taken a few days ago.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/d2604b40.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/9cc0c39d.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/cwcad/b833e7e8.jpg

You decide. Which is better? The test is split down the middle. Left side and ride side as you are looking at it.

In this test I used Power Polish, Car Wax,Top Coat, and Spray Wax. I would be untruthful if I did not say that I was impressed so far in the test.

The only negative that I have found is the Reflection's line is not as slick as the product that it is being compared against. I am not sure if slickness is an absolute necessity but it is one of the characteristics that I like to have in a product line.

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Do you care to reveal the "mystery" product that you are comparing it to?

cwcad
03-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Not really.

Let's just say that the other product strike's a lot of controversy.

Most that know me probably already know.

Detail_Guy
03-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Reflections is highly regarded as one of the best OTC lines available. Top Coat seems like an interesting product, but always found that Crystal Mist does very well on all carnubas and most sealants. I would also like to see someones thoughts on Top Coat specifically.

I would say not only is the Reflections Advanced Car Wax the best OTC products, IMHO, it is as good as "most" of the boutique products sold today... at least when it comes to looks and ease of use.

The TopCoat is also very nice... it adds a bit more warmth, as it has some carnauba in it, and is "extremely" easy to use. I wouldn't give it any durability awards, but it is decent in that department. Besides, during most of the detailing season, I'm only looking for appearance, and ease of use. Either of these products is so EASY to apply and remove, that is just plain fun and simple to apply another coat.

To be honest, a well prepped paint surface, with a coat or two of the Reflections Advanced wax, a coat or two of TopCoat, and finished off with FK 425 looks as good as anything I've ever used... and I've use a bunch. The one exception may be Meguiar's 81 topped with multiple coats of Souveran, and finished off with Meguiar's old Final Detail... now that's a WET looking finish. :D

Detail_Guy
03-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Not really.

Let's just say that the other product strike's a lot of controversy.

Most that know me probably already know.

That would be Zaino... :D

ScottB
03-21-2006, 07:30 PM
You decide. Which is better? The test is split down the middle. Left side and ride side as you are looking at it.

In this test I used Power Polish, Car Wax,Top Coat, and Spray Wax. I would be untruthful if I did not say that I was impressed so far in the test.

The only negative that I have found is the Reflection's line is not as slick as the product that it is being compared against. I am not sure if slickness is an absolute necessity but it is one of the characteristics that I like to have in a product line.

It was funny to watch some of that "other" products faithful scramble to see any difference. And some guessed wrong. I cannot wait until you put UPP up against these both ..... that is your next plan of attack correct ??

cwcad
03-21-2006, 07:37 PM
It was funny to watch some of that "other" products faithful scramble to see any difference. And some guessed wrong. I cannot wait until you put UPP up against these both ..... that is your next plan of attack correct ??

Well it was.:o I actually ordered some UPP and UPPS to use just the other week. I have seen some great shine out of UPP.

Then I had a crisis and found a trader on another forum that wanted to get rid of a lot of product so I traded him for it.

The next test that I do will be in the fall. Will be going to work soon so the tests and all the posting I do will be seriously curtailed for a few months.

Got to go to work to pay for all of the products that I want and the one's that I have already purchased as well.:D

SVTContour
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks for all of the great info CWCAD. To be honest I can't tell the difference in the hood shots of your truck. To clarify what side did you use the Reflections on?

cwcad
03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Thanks for all of the great info CWCAD. To be honest I can't tell the difference in the hood shots of your truck. To clarify what side did you use the Reflections on?

That is why I am middle of the road. I have a hard time telling the differnce my self.
FWIW, the right side of the picture is Mother's. That is the driver's side of the vehicle.

Mr. Clean
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
LOL, I know the faithful followers of the "other" side just don't believe the results, and will likely blame you prep/application. Although, now you are the second person to provide visual results of their testing. I know the other poster also knows how to properly prep/apply. Very interesting results indeed. :)

Matt
03-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Looks like the beads on the right might be slightly rounder/tighter...

I personally love the Reflections Car Wax and Top Coat. Very slick, awesome scent, very easy to use, and lasts long.

Detail_Guy
03-26-2006, 10:15 AM
I personally love the Reflections Car Wax and Top Coat. Very slick, awesome scent, very easy to use, and lasts long.

I would agree! As a matter of fact, it's tough to justify trying other products, but that wouldn't be much fun. :D