PDA

View Full Version : Refinished hood 530i

bobbybrass
08-03-2008, 03:01 AM
So I got my car back from the body shop after my little episode with that spotbuff backing plate going on me.

The painter is very good but let me tell you that the polisher is definitely not his thing.
The hood was covered with swirls and holograms so I had to fix it.

I don't have a "before" picture, but I had to do two pass with Wolfgang TSR with an orange pad to make it decent. I'm quite happy with the results for a beginner.

I think I need more products: I'm getting tired of having to do many pass and pushing on that PC like crazy. lol.

Rsurfer
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
So I got my car back from the body shop after my little episode with that spotbuff backing plate going on me.

The painter is very good but let me tell you that the polisher is definitely not his thing.
The hood was covered with swirls and holograms so I had to fix it.

I don't have a "before" picture, but I had to do two pass with Wolfgang TSR with an orange pad to make it decent. I'm quite happy with the results for a beginner.

I think I need more products: I'm getting tired of having to do many pass and pushing on that PC like crazy. lol.

Menz with the 4" pads will do wonders. Be sure to tighten the shaft on the bp, lesson learned.:cheers:

bobbybrass
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the advice Surfer : ) There will be a polyurethane heavy duty 3.5" backing plate in my next order; the one from the kit is long gone with the garbage truck!

I've been contemplating the Menz line for a while. I was thinking about ordering Powergloss, super intensive polish and PO106FA. I think I'll be all set with that.

What do you think?

bryansbestwax
08-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Sounds like a winning combo, the Powergloss is great stuff, works quickly and leaves a very nice shine.

Rsurfer
08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the advice Surfer : ) There will be a polyurethane heavy duty 3.5" backing plate in my next order; the one from the kit is long gone with the garbage truck!

I've been contemplating the Menz line for a while. I was thinking about ordering Powergloss, super intensive polish and PO106FA. I think I'll be all set with that.

What do you think?
I would add 85RD for final polish. Use with grey pad to burnish (jeweling) the paint before LSP.