PDA

View Full Version : Washing MF.

Pages : [1] 2

Excessive Detail
07-31-2006, 06:54 PM
I already know what to use to wash my mf, but I was wondering about wash combos, meaning, should I wash my waffle drying towel with my mfs or seperate them, and should I also wash my wash mitts seperate, I already seperate my good mf, (for qd, interior, glass, polish, removing wax, you know) from my bad ones (for door jams, wheels, engines, all the dirty work. I was also wondering, can you wash a sheepskin mitt.
Tell me what you guyz think and any techs. you use, thanks

ScottB
07-31-2006, 06:59 PM
I wash anything micro together, but no additional laundry or towels. Not even a sheepskin mitt. No heat, Microrestore, and no fabric softner. I think I am doing ok.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts_003.jpg

Excessive Detail
07-31-2006, 07:12 PM
Very inpressive, so clean and soft looking, are you able to get out all the stuff in your mf, I have a few mf that I can't get all the stuff out, its clean, but stained, do you think this could cause any problem.

ScottB
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
my yellow ones have lost a little color. Got give kudo's to the spouse, as I have NEVER done laundry. She swears all she uses is the Microrestore I get from AG. The Pinnacle one wasnt bad either. I did NOT find them a fluffy and nice when using store bought regular detergent.

Meghan
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
I wash all MF's together, but that is all I wash in that load. I use Pinn. Rejuvenator, gets the MF's nice and clean! If MF has a nasty stain or a product on it I dont want in the wash with the others, I put in a bucket with a little bit of rejuvenator to PreSoak! I worship my MF collection, take care of them and they will last forever!

Neothin
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
a couple of my glass waffle weave towels have stains in them, but their performance is still 100%

I throw all my MF's in the washer at once. paintworthy and non-paintworthy, it all goes together.

hot wash / hot rinse, super wash, extra rinse. in the dryer till only slightly damp and then finish up on the wash line (that last bit prevents them from getting staticky)

Excessive Detail
07-31-2006, 10:02 PM
a couple of my glass waffle weave towels have stains in them, but their performance is still 100%

I throw all my MF's in the washer at once. paintworthy and non-paintworthy, it all goes together.

hot wash / hot rinse, super wash, extra rinse. in the dryer till only slightly damp and then finish up on the wash line (that last bit prevents them from getting staticky)

I thought hot water could mess up the mf, I've been using cold water for wash and rinse.

Excessive Detail
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Also, I don't always use enough mf at one time to make a decent load of laundry, is there any problem with leaving them dirty for a few days, and I usually soak mine for about a day, is that cool?

wytstang
07-31-2006, 10:36 PM
I wash anything micro together, but no additional laundry or towels. Not even a sheepskin mitt. No heat, Microrestore, and no fabric softner. I think I am doing ok.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Corvette_Parts_003.jpg
WHo's grey & ivory WW are those? how did they perform?

Neothin
08-01-2006, 12:03 AM
excel's maybe?

oh, and about the hot water thing. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. if anything, my train of thought is that the hot water will melt the wax in embedded into the towels fibers!

BILL
08-01-2006, 07:41 AM
excel's maybe?

oh, and about the hot water thing. I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever. if anything, my train of thought is that the hot water will melt the wax in embedded into the towels fibers!

FOR ME??? Hot water, liquid tide and white vinegar in the wash and rinse.......by hand
clean, fluffy towels.........:cheers:

wytstang
08-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Woolite baby made for delicate fabrics like myself.....

ScottB
08-01-2006, 06:27 PM
WHo's grey & ivory WW are those? how did they perform?

Ancient Chinese Secret .... actually I dont remember. The ivory ww's are the glass towels from AG (maybe). The grey/black ww's are from Ecklers or some corvette magazine. Cannot find them any longer, and they work very well. Softest WW to date. There is actually a second row behind each with more towels. I love micro's

Heat in the dryer is a no-no, heated water should not be an issue.

Excessive Detail
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Thanks guyz, I'll give it a try, I've been using woolite and vinager, seems to work well, maybe it will work better with hot water.

highwaystar
08-09-2006, 01:32 PM
How much vinager do you use per load?